Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan Central Station Panoramic Tour

http://photo.photojpl.com/tour/michi...l-hallway.html

Since most of us are not privi to an acutal tour of our beloved ruin this panoramic 360 may suffice.

Wow. I'm surprised it looks that good!

Pretty Kool KR. I see Joe was there

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    http://photo.photojpl.com/tour/michi...l-hallway.html

Since most of us are not privi to an acutal tour of our beloved ruin this panoramic 360 may suffice.
    You're only a year late. Stosh started a thread here on this a year ago http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=2071

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    You're only a year late. Stosh started a thread here on this a year ago http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=2071
    Once in a while a repeat performance is worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Pretty Kool KR. I see Joe was there
    So you know Joe too?

So you know Joe too?

Sure do, we're best buds

Nice post, KR.

Why don't more graffiti artists use stilts? I would think it would become a natural tool of the trade.

Default I plan on buying the station tomorrow.

After the done deal, I'll renovate the shit out of it, have movie theaters, high tech. companies, MCS history museum, vintage car museum, science center and much, much, much, much mother effing more.

Once in a while a repeat performance is worth the wait.
    Why? After seeing pictures of the graffittied interior once, it gets pretty depressing seeing it again.

Is the sound in the background what the station once would have sounded like? Probably a stupid question, because obviously there aren't people and trains there now.
    Last edited by LeannaM; April-02-10 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeannaM View Post
    Is the sound in the background what the station once would have sounded like? Probably a stupid question, because obviously there aren't people and trains there now.
    That's the idea...the station looks great depending on the weather, I've been there on cloudy/rainy days and felt very depressed especially walking inside with a company rep, where as over the summer on a sunny day it looks amazing outside and in [[always keeping it legal of course)

I wonder if the poor guy working on his tire in the Fisher Body 360 realized he would be preserved on the net forever?

I still have a thing for that station.

Went to look at it the other day. Front doors are all boarded up, they weren't last time I was there.
    New mentionable graffiti I saw was "save the depot" in big letters right below the roof line.

I can never figure out if those who tag the top of the facade of a building are brave or stupid.

Not that I'm against the message about saving the Depot, but I wouldn't hang out of a top-story window for all the money in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Went to look at it the other day. Front doors are all boarded up, they weren't last time I was there.
    New mentionable graffiti I saw was "save the depot" in big letters right below the roof line.
    You haven't been by in a while huh? "Save The Depot" has been there since early June 2009, and the boarding up of the front door was done in November....

And yes people are pretty dumb, but not nearly as dumb as the handful of people who have basejumped off the roof