Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Buick-GMC Sales Increase 54 Percent in March, Leading a 43-Percent Gain for GM Brands

I LOVE my new Chevy Malibu. It is my 3rd General Motors vehicle and I was very happy with all of them. Way to go GM!!!

We just picked up a 2010 GMC Acadia a couple of weeks ago. Your Welcome GM!!!

I guess it was a good thing to not let GM fold.

We have Impalas in our fleet & they get great mileage, plus they're comfortable. Fusions are beginning to show up, but the majority easily prefers the Impala.

Sales could be a lot higher if they knew what they were doing.

I try to use only GM/GMC heavy duty, 2500, crew cabs here in the oil fields. I have 7 p/ups altogether. They get torn up fast because of the terrain, mud etc.

I have been trying to buy a new one for a month. Keep in mind TX is the largest p/up market in the country, and that is the most popular and profitable model.

It's virtually impossible to buy one, and it's not because they're sold out. Dealers cannot get them because of underproduction. I called up to a dealer in Detroit - no trucks and couldn't find any.

I finally purchased [[this week, delivered today) a Silverado extended cab model [[not what I wanted) but the only 2500 model [[most popular down here) anyone could find. This was though a small dealer north of us and he found it in the panhandle of Oklahoma, over 500 miles away; it's being trucked in today. Other dealers told me they wouldn't even order one because GM is so unreliable on deliveries. The dealers are disgusted. P/ups are their most profitable models, especially the kind I need.

Here's the hooker. Used models like I want, with 10,000 miles or less, sell for $3,000 to $5,000 more than new ones.

Who's running that place anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    I try to use only GM/GMC heavy duty, 2500, crew cabs here in the oil fields.
    A lawyer driving around oil fields in a pickup truck? That's Texas, I guess

I don't drive the things. My driver is a former Congressman.