Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mayor announces planned demolition of Fisher Building

From today's Free Press:

"Mayor Dave Bing has announced that the demolition of the Fisher Building will take place within the next 3 weeks. As announced in his State of the City address last month, the mayor promised to demolish thousands of structures within the city limits by year end. The Fisher building's only main tenant, Detroit Public Schools, voiced no objection to the planned demolition and said this would allow them to exit their lease sooner than planned. Robert Bobb applauded the decision and said this was a "win win" for both DPS and the city. "This demolition will allow Detroit Public Schools to find leased space elsewhere in the city at a more affordable rate, and will allow unprecedented levels of sunlight into the New Center area."

Quote Originally Posted by gregster View Post
    From today's Free Press:

"Mayor Dave Bing has announced that the demolition of the Fisher Building will take place within the next 3 weeks. As announced in his State of the City address last month, the mayor promised to demolish thousands of structures within the city limits by year end. The Fisher building's only main tenant, Detroit Public Schools, voiced no objection to the planned demolition and said this would allow them to exit their lease sooner than planned. Robert Bobb applauded the decision and said this was a "win win" for both DPS and the city. "This demolition will allow Detroit Public Schools to find leased space elsewhere in the city at a more affordable rate, and will allow unprecedented levels of sunlight into the New Center area."
    If you're gonna make a good April Fool's joke, it can't be this obvious.

If you want a good April Fool's joke, say Judge orders Moroun to demolish the Michigan Central Station within a three week time frame. That sounds at least slightly believeable.

Tear that schitt down!

How about Kwame pays off debt to avoid jail time?
    Dave Bing to coach Pistons and run city of Detroit.
    Mike Illitch rolls dice and gobbles up Dominos.
    Monica Conyers avoids jail by joining convent.
    Mary Waters and Sam Riddle elope to Mexico.
    Detroit gets Special Olympics.
    Third world country sends aid to Detroit.
    School board and teachers union give Mr. Bobb an award.
    Immigrant zone set up in Detroit. New Juarez and Haiti Town expand Detroit's population to over 1 million again.
    Crime rate goes down.

Yep you reached too far Gregster. As soon I read you subject line I though, Oh yeah it's April 1st, so thanks for putting me on guard.

Moroun announces one dollar car fees on Ambassador Bridge
    [He has dispute with the tunnel and is starting price war which will also discourage investors for the DRIC project.]

Well Gregster, ya got me!

This is no joke! The tracters were already ripping at the walls of the Fisher as I walked to New Center One this morning! I would have taken a cell phone picture but I was afraid of being hit by one of those big chandeliers. I'll go back later.
    Last edited by RickBeall; April-01-10 at 09:11 AM.

LodgeDodger Guest

A for effort, gregster.