Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Just me being an "alarmist" again...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6346424n&tag=api

The Moscow bombings & The Christian Militia, two unrelated events with similar potential where public transit buses are concerned, most major cities went on higher alert on their transit systems. What has DDOT done? Gates still wide open, no security, no statement, no calls for heightened awareness???

Don't worry that much. After all, don't they usually want to attack cities where rich people live?

lilpup Guest

besides, we need to reduce unemployment - y'all know employed people don't ride DDOT

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    besides, we need to reduce unemployment - y'all know employed people don't ride DDOT
    From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

LOL. I'm pretty sure DDOT buses are pretty low on any terrorist's list of targets. The highest priority potential targets in the Detroit area are probably the Ambassador Bridge and Detroit-Windsor Tunnel... Or one of the stadiums.

Detroit has such a notorious reputation in the media that even terrorists avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    From Wikipedia:

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]
    Detroitnerd... is there a photo of you under that Wikipedia topic?

If not.... there should be....

This is ridiculous!!! Someone walked into Gilbert Terminal last night, took the dollar changer out on Wabash, & busted it open!!! CAN WE PLEASE GET SOME SECURITY!!! CAN SOMEBODY HELP US!!! I can't carry a weapon while working, yet we are potentially at risk even at the terminals because we ain't got no security on the gates, the gates are wide open, & nobody seems to give a damn!!!

Isn't that the motto of the city for most people?

Vagrants stealing change machines to get crack money and terrorists killing innocent people to make a political point, while they both suck, are two very different things.

Quote: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community,"

The term is idiotic and meaningless. Take practically any post on an internet forum, and it could be construed by someone somewhere as inflammatory.

Take the post right above:

"Vagrants stealing change machines "

Oh so anyone that is homeless is now a thief?

"to get crack money "

And on crack?

"terrorists killing innocent people"

freedom fighters probably don't consider them innocent..

Ya see what I mean? "Troll" has become a default term for anyone that challenges your attitude and personal preference.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community,"

The term is idiotic and meaningless. Take practically any post on an internet forum, and it could be construed by someone somewhere as inflammatory.

Take the post right above:

"Vagrants stealing change machines "

Oh so anyone that is homeless is now a thief?

"to get crack money "

And on crack?

"terrorists killing innocent people"

freedom fighters probably don't consider them innocent..

Ya see what I mean? "Troll" has become a default term for anyone that challenges your attitude and personal preference.
    Right. so by definition, we all are trolls, including you.

Quote: "Right. so by definition, we all are trolls,"

Pretty much.

Wow. Sorry to be so presumptive.
    Now that you point it out, I'm sure the person who stole the change machine was drug-free and a fine, upstanding citizen, other than that incident with the change machine.
    Yes, now that I think about it, if someone dies in a bus bombing, they may well have had it coming.
    My bad.

Stosh Guest

Pretty much.
    You forgot the last part of the quote.

I must have missed something, is Detroit now involved in the illegal Russian occupation of Chechnya?

Quote: "Yes, now that I think about it, if someone dies in a bus bombing, they may well have had it coming."

You missed the point entirely. The point was, anyone that posts something that challenges the perception of another is labeled a "troll". It's a lazy and tired, one-word dismissal. It's like "Nazi", way over used.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Detroit has such a notorious reputation in the media that even terrorists avoid it.
    Yes, on 9/11, when people were wondering if more cities would be attacked, my one comfort was that I lived near Detroit.

Quote: "my one comfort was that I lived near Detroit."

It has it's positives..

Retroit Guest

...how soon we forget what almost happened in the skies over Detroit last Christmas. It could happen anywhere. Don't kid yourself. Metro Detroit is home to the largest Muslim population outside the Middle East.

Detroitnerd has outdone himself. Posts 2 and 4 of this forum are the most blatant display of hypocrisy I've seen. Yet his attempts to interject his Economic Justice crap into every thread seems to escape the moderator every time.

Pretty much.
    I think most posters here are on topic and thoughtful. There is little name-calling or personal attacks that I see. So I disagree with this conclusion.

Lol! I'd love to see some taliban take on the Best Friends Gang in thier prime
    Those guys don't realize how hardcore some parts of America are
    They wouldn't dare try to pull some sh*t in the hood