Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New cafe opening in Pleasant Ridge - Mae's

Mae’s is proud to be reinventing a Pleasant Ridge landmark, previously occupied by Anna’s Coffee Shoppe since the 1950’s. Sean and Jessica McCarthy, owners and Pleasant Ridge residents, are updating the cafe while keeping with the 1950’s charm. The cafe will feature Michigan products, baked goods that grandma would be proud of and farm fresh foods in a cozy neighborhood setting.

If you are interested in submitting a recipe to be featured on our menu and named after you just send us an email with the recipe and a description to
    info@maesdetroit.com

http://www.maesdetroit.com

OPENING IN APRIL 2010

some of the links for the web site you designed are not working.

Some are not around anymore.

When are they opening for business? I am having lunch with a friend on Easter Monday and we are looking for a place to go - this looks perfect!!!!

Duh - I see they are opening in April - I'll give them a call.
    Last edited by lizaanne; March-30-10 at 10:37 AM.

The opening date is going to be announced soon. Or please feel free to email them to inquire or perhaps set up reservations [[if they are doing that yet). info@maesdetroit.com

Quote Originally Posted by SG Creative View Post
    The opening date is going to be announced soon. Or please feel free to email them to inquire or perhaps set up reservations [[if they are doing that yet). info@maesdetroit.com
    Reservations?! At a cafe? Not sure we would want to fuss with that - all we want to do is have lunch. I'll give them a call.

Reinventing your neighborhood cafe? Please. I miss Anna's and there was little there that needed reinventing. But then Anna's was extremely unpretentious for Pleasant Ridge. Maybe that's what they mean by "reinventing".

That area could use a nice casual cafe. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Just hope it's not like other upscale breakfast places in Ferndale where you have to wait in line for days, and outside, to get a table. If it becomes too trendy to go to, that'll happen, and that means I won't be there unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by lafayette View Post
    Just hope it's not like other upscale breakfast places in Ferndale where you have to wait in line for days, and outside, to get a table. If it becomes too trendy to go to, that'll happen, and that means I won't be there unfortunately.
    I have to agree with this. While I'm looking forward to a new casual place to go, if it gets to be too full of itself then I'm no longer interested. I love Toast - but I refuse to wait for ever just to get breakfast. I'll wander down Woodward to Sam's at Eight Mile if that's the case.

I did call them - they are shooting for April 10th for an open date. I could hear furious construction sounds in the background, so they sound like they are working hard to get open soon.

Yep, too much business is always a bad thing.

Not even open yet and already condemned by the DetroitNo.com contingent.

Ravine Guest

Fuckin' A. To hell with that. Let's head on down to that place in The Corridor [[oh, I forgot; "midtown," that is) that Blogger John wrote about, in the Metro Times, a few months ago. At least we'll get a goddam table.
    I'll bring the bleach & ammonia mixture, to wipe it down.

I was in Anna's once and the owner yelled at us to leave as soon as we finished our eggs. Nostalgia is lovely but I'm thrilled a nice looking little place that is hopefully more welcoming to business is within walking distance.

[[we were the only people in the restaurant)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Fuckin' A. To hell with that. Let's head on down to that place in The Corridor [[oh, I forgot; "midtown," that is) that Blogger John wrote about, in the Metro Times, a few months ago. At least we'll get a goddam table.
    I'll bring the bleach & ammonia mixture, to wipe it down.
    You mean this place?

http://www.detroitblog.org/?p=1106

That was the worst sentence ever. I need more coffee.

If I were opening a business, I wouldn't mention it here. A page full of reviews for a restaurant that isn't open yet. Sometimes it's best to wait until you have an opinion before giving it.

Michigan Guest

My God, no wonder businesses can not thrive in Detroit. Do you people ever look at yourselves or the silly, self indulgent things that you post? Can you not just be happy that a new place has opened and wish it luck without complaining?

Hey Lizanne and Lafayette, maybe, just maybe, the owner of this "cafe" realizes how much people hate to wait in line for a meal. Maybe they also noticed that it is becoming more and more common so, now here comes the crazy part, they decided to let people make a reservation so that they won't have to wait. You, Lizanne, are fist bitching because you don't want to exert the effort needed to make a reservation [[even though you will be calling them any way). Really is it that frigging hard to do, or are you just that lazy. Next you are bitching because you don't want to wait somewhere, listen, maybe noone ever told you, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You sound like an idiot at this point.

Lafayette- you don't like popular places? Hey, those are the only ones that stay open. Too trendy because it provides the market with the product it likes? What a ridiculous post. God the level of discourse is frightening to me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    My God, no wonder businesses can not thrive in Detroit. Do you people ever look at yourselves or the silly, self indulgent things that you post? Can you not just be happy that a new place has opened and wish it luck without complaining?

Hey Lizanne and Lafayette, maybe, just maybe, the owner of this "cafe" realizes how much people hate to wait in line for a meal. Maybe they also noticed that it is becoming more and more common so, now here comes the crazy part, they decided to let people make a reservation so that they won't have to wait. You, Lizanne, are fist bitching because you don't want to exert the effort needed to make a reservation [[even though you will be calling them any way). Really is it that frigging hard to do, or are you just that lazy. Next you are bitching because you don't want to wait somewhere, listen, maybe noone ever told you, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You sound like an idiot at this point.

Lafayette- you don't like popular places? Hey, those are the only ones that stay open. Too trendy because it provides the market with the product it likes? What a ridiculous post. God the level of discourse is frightening to me sometimes.
    Who whizzed in your corn flakes this morning?

I am not bitching - where did you ever get that idea? I simply stated that I don't like waiting in line and that if it comes to that then I won't. Who makes a reservation to have a sandwich?

And just so ya know - the expression is "eating your cake and having it too".

Get over yourself. No one here is bitching or lazy. This is a discussion forum - a place where people discuss and voice opinions. Sheesh.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    Who whizzed in your corn flakes this morning?

I am not bitching - where did you ever get that idea? I simply stated that I don't like waiting in line and that if it comes to that then I won't. Who makes a reservation to have a sandwich?

Get over yourself. No one here is bitching or lazy. This is a discussion forum - a place where people discuss and voice opinions. Sheesh.

Maybe you should re-read your earlier posts.

Haikoont Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    I have never heard it put that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Haikoont View Post
    I have never heard it put that way.
    Anyone can have their cake and eat it too - the trick is in eating it and still having it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Have_on...and_eat_it_too

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    If I were opening a business, I wouldn't mention it here. A page full of reviews for a restaurant that isn't open yet. Sometimes it's best to wait until you have an opinion before giving it.
    I couldn't agree more. Let the word get out on the street first and then maybe mention something here or post photos of how grand it is. Let's give these poor folks a chance to get this baby off the ground, eat there, and then maybe give some reviews of it-as a public service to the rest of Dyes here.

Says on the website that they will have Faygo and Better Made.

So far, so good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast