Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

The Dude Guest

Default Brother Crawford's

Anybody remember or heard of a place called Brother Crawford's Chicken in southwest Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Anybody remember or heard of a place called Brother Crawford's Chicken in southwest Detroit?
    Brother Crawford's, or BC's as it was known to its patrons, was located on Visger Road in River Rouge. It was among the best BQ I've ever eaten. I'm not claiming expertise about BQ, but many people I know who lived on BQ said the same. I haven't been there in many, many years. I don't think its been in existence for a very long time. I was on 'The Road', as we called Visger while growing up, during the early 2000's to photo the old Cleve's Lounge [[I forget its name at the time) at Visger and Electric for a post/link here at DY/Soulful Detroit, started by David ?Mielke?
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; March-30-10 at 03:22 PM.

Bill Riney, the self proclaimed 'Obama Hot Dog Man' of Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, would be the person to tell you all about BC's. He was a devotee. If I see him, I'll ask him if he'll post.

The Dude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Bill Riney, the self proclaimed 'Obama Hot Dog Man' of Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, would be the person to tell you all about BC's. He was a devotee. If I see him, I'll ask him if he'll post.
    OK, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    OK, thanks
    I saw Billy on Easter Sunday. I asked him to contact me regarding Brother Crawford's. I've yet to hear back from him.