Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

CFABDETROIT Guest

Default Saving Detroit starts with us

TO THE DETROIT PEOPLE, BUSNESSES, MEDIA AND GOVERNING BODY:

Hello, my name is Michael Stemmler and I’ve got an idea and a plan, I call it the Coalition for a better Detroit [[CFABD) and I feel that it could change our city in a wonderful way.
    PLEASE READ, I NEED YOUR SUPPORT, THANK YOU! : )
    [[THIS IS NOT A SCAM OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, IM A PROUD PERSON OF DETROIT THAT WANTS CHANGE)
    Our city was once a wonderful place. It was safe, clean and respectable. We have had an amazing history like no other city. From the assembly lines to the Motown sound to the championships to the talent. But things started to decline for our city. Crime levels went up, riots broke out in the streets and more and more people started moving to the safer suburbs. In 1950 Detroit had 1,848,568 citizens and now in 2009 it is estimated that Detroit has only 900,000 left and declining each year.
    It’s because Detroit has many problems to deal with. The problem is that no one really has tried to get this city back on track. My plan incorporates the citizens, business and leaders of Detroit, something that has never been done. Uniting this city is a must, we cannot keep going on fighting each other and progress.
    We have had mayor after mayor try to “fix” Detroit just to end up doing little to nothing. Sure Kwame Kilpatrick did a lot of good for the city, but that is just our downtown area. The real work needs to take place in the neighborhoods. Where abandoned houses scatter the landscape, prostitutes walk the streets, drug dealers sell their dope and gangs think they run the streets. I say it’s time for us as a city and as a people banned together and stand up against all of the senselessness that’s been haunting Detroit for so long now. There is no need for us to live like this and do nothing.
    I have a growing plan for allot of our problems:
    Abandoned buildings
    Graffiti
    Crime levels
    Drugs
    Litter
    Bringing back residents
    Home beatification
    New housing projects
    The Coalition for a better Detroit mission:
    To clean up Detroit, bring back residents and to make our city shine again. At one time Detroit was a great city. Safe, clean, and respectable. And it can be again, BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP! The businesses, citizens and the leaders of Detroit must come together and unite to make this happen.

I have a plan that could work, but only will through allot of help. VOLUNTEER WORK is a major back bone of this, along with DONATIONS and SPONSORS.

But I am just one person, a 21 year old born and raised in Detroit who is proud.
    I need your help in this. I’ve never taken on anything like this before, but with your help WE ALL can make a change and turn Detroit into a beautiful safe place once again.
    I’m asking you to visit my site http://cfabdetroit.synthasite.com/ and read more about what I’ve planned out so far. I’d also like any suggestions or questions emailed to me at cfabdetroit@yahoo.com. Or write to me at michaelstemmler1987@yahoo.com.
    But most of all I want help in getting this up and running.

lilpup Guest

Please don't spam the board. Starting one thread about this is sufficient.