Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

View Poll Results: What are they chasing?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • drugs

0 0%
  • terrorists

11 61.11%
  • militia

4 22.22%
  • other

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    lilpup Guest

Default FBI raids in SE Michigan

Channel 7 seems to have scooped all other newsers

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/FBI-C...MUdtOLzvw.cspx

Vote your hunch.

lilpup Guest

raids reportedly taking place in Ohio and Indiana, too

http://www.democraticunderground.com...035340#8035364

Kilpatricks.

Is it just me, or does it piss off other people that websites refuse to time stamp they're news postings?
    Just Google something and try to figure out if it from 1992 or 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Is it just me, or does it piss off other people that websites refuse to time stamp they're news postings?
    Just Google something and try to figure out if it from 1992 or 2010.
    Yes, it does make it difficult to assess the relevance of the article. It sounds like the raids are about militia groups.
    Last edited by maxx; March-28-10 at 08:01 AM.

Fidel Guest

Militia and Terrorists are the Same thing!

Just as Teabaggers and Klansmen!

Anyone who's honest knows what going on there.

Frank Rich was great this morning: "The Rage Is Not About Health Care http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/op...html?th&emc=th

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
    Militia and Terrorists are the Same thing!
    No they aren't, at least when discussing the Michigan Militia. They might be suspicious of Government and Government officials but they've never advocated violence against the general population for any reason.

McVeigh and Nichols were not advocating violence?

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    McVeigh and Nichols were not advocating violence?
    McVeigh wasn't a Michigan Militia member - he attended a single meeting, that's it.
    Updates point to this raid targeting Hutaree, which is a Christian militia group. Not all militia groups have the same philosophies and/or goals.

http://www.annarbor.com/news/fbi-con...awee-counties/

From reading some of the limited information about them they may be worst than the Michigan Militia

Quote: "five people were arrested - including one known member of Hutaree."

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=8037125

They arrested one guy from this group.. at one of the groups meetings.. Sounds like they were looking for one guy that just happened to belong to that group.

lilpup Guest

Fox News is reporting seven people got arrested for allegedly selling pipe bombs.

a lotta noise and expense for pipe bombs

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/28...ivity-midwest/

"Christian militia" seems to be an oxymoron to me but what do I know?

lilpup Guest

it's merely the counterpart to Islamic jihadists and Jewish Zionists

The other day I read about some Christian groups using a Zionist style argument claiming the United States should be Christian because it was promised to Christians by God.
    Last edited by lilpup; March-28-10 at 11:27 PM.

Now they say at least three people and only one was tied to Hutaree or what ever they call themselves.

Seems like much to do over "gun charges"? Sounds like the Government is trying to deliver a message.

I've never understood militants associating themselves with any religion. KKK did it, and many others. Christians that hate other religions or ethnicities? How do they get that many people involved in something like that?

lilpup Guest

the same way other groups get people to blow themselves up or fly airliners into buildings

I've never understood why militias and other cults think that by stock piling weapons, they will be able to take on the government. Trust me, the government will always have superior fire power to whatever private individuals can obtain.

Quote: "Trust me, the government will always have superior fire power to whatever private individuals can obtain."

I wouldn't be too warm and fuzzy with that. If enough people rose up in this country, or revolted, there would be no way to control it. If just 1% of the country decided to do something like this, that's over 3 million people. The government knows that, and that is why I think they do these raids occasionally. To send out a message. Huge news story, they arrested "at least three people"??? There is more action on an episode of Cops.

I wouldn't be too warm and fuzzy with that..
    My point is that you don't try to shoot it out with Uncle. You take it to the courts and fight it through the system. IMO, once some clown starts shooting at the government agents, they are signing their death warrant. A good case in point is the Imam who was recently killed by the FBI. He started shooting first, now his followers are crying foul, and claiming he was a man of peace.

Huge news story, they arrested "at least three people"??? There is more action on an episode of Cops.
    That is SOP for the media. They go for the ratings, and I guarantee they received a boost with that headline.

lilpup Guest

Indictment .pdf posted by the News - eight of the nine indictees are in custody, one still being sought - three of the nine are the out-of-state arrests in neighboring states.

Charges:

Seditious Conspiracy
    Attempt to Use Weapons of Mass Destruction
    Teaching/Demonstrating Use of Explosive Materials
    Carrying, Using, and Possessing a Firearm During and In Relation To A Crime of Violence [[2 counts)

They were planning to attack law enforcement officials and hoping to spark a general uprising. The plan was to kill a law enforcement official, thus creating a congregation of officials for the funeral, and then to attack the law enforcement officer-packed funeral service/procession.

The group leader had even organized a meeting of other anti-government organizations to be held in Kentucky in February but bad weather rendered him unable to attend. The intent was for the planned attack to spark a general uprising by similar anti-government groups.

Indictment

From The Detroit News: Indictment: Hutaree militia planned to kill law officer, attack the funeral procession
    Nine members of a Lenawee County-based militia group were planning to "levy war" against the United States and "oppose by force" the nation's government, according to an indictment unsealed this morning in U.S. District Court in Detroit.

Seven of the defendants of the "Hutaree" militia appeared briefly this morning in U.S. District Court in Detroit and were ordered held without bond until Wednesday, when bond hearings will be held.

These people are scary batshit terrorists.

I'm waiting for Boehner, Beck and the rest of the right wing choir to find excuses.

lilpup Guest

a lot of online freaks are already saying it was a setup or is outright lies

This group was preparing to defend and defeat the anti-christ. You all know who the anti-christ is !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast