Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: school closings

Default school closings

It's been about 3 mo since my last post. I've had a lot happening in my life-
    foremost my retirement from AT&T in Jan. Anyway I saw the story about
    all the detroit school closings & was wondering if Cooley[[01/61) was on
    the list. I apologize if this topic was already discussed. I couldn't find a list
    of the schools scheduled to close online. Thanks. Regards from Dallas.

Yes, Cooley is on the list...there is another thread on this topic, too.

Too bad they can't pick up that beautiful building and place it somewhere it's needed. Oh, well. Congrats on your retirement, anyway, fratman. Only hope that you enjoy it as much as I.

thanks for the replies. Another landmark from my youth gone. Still have vivid memories of
    th Goodfellows game btwn Cooley & St Ambrose at Briggs Stadium. What was suppose to
    be an easy win turned into an embarrassing loss, I tripled with 2 other couples & was the only
    one who went to Cooley. You can imagine the razzing I got on the ride home.
    Happy Passover to all who are celebrating.

If anyone is interested in attending the Town Hall meeting at Cooley [[to save Cooley and the surrounding schools) it will be held at Cooley on March 30th at 7pm. The Cooley staff will be making the presentation to save Cooley at 8pm [[although times are subject to change).