Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Office move ..seeking recommendations

7 days left till my office relocates to the RenCen!!! I cannot wait to get out of present digs [[Southfield) and into the new place...

I am looking for recommendations outside of the RenCen options for lunch..I figure that there are plenty of places within walking distance, or people mover stops that I can check out...and I am up for the old school find out yourself method , but I was wondering if there are any awesome lunch spots that any of you recommend?

I am not really interested in the subways or Jimmy Johns of the world as those advertise themselves well enough. I am familiar with the RenCen food court and some of the chain places around it but as for the more hidden treasures I am at a loss.

Jacoby's
    http://www.jacobysbar.com/

Lafayette Coney Island

Sweetwater's tavern
    http://www.metrotimes.com/metropolis...ce.asp?id=5442

Quote Originally Posted by buckster1986 View Post
    Jacoby's
    http://www.jacobysbar.com/

Lafayette Coney Island

Sweetwater's tavern
    http://www.metrotimes.com/metropolis...ce.asp?id=5442

Thank you !

i second sweetwater. especially on wednesdays, when they have their "pepper pot" soup [[if they still have it).

The wings @ Sweetwater are GREAT!! You MUST try them.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    The wings @ Sweetwater are GREAT!! You MUST try them.
    wow 3 good reviews in a row ..they will be my 1st stop

Isnt there a salad place on woodward across from the Compuware?
    I cant remember the name of it

Just out of curiosity, what type of office is it moving to the RenCen? How many employees are moving? How about Detroit Breakfast House on Woodward for lunch?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    Isnt there a salad place on woodward across from the Compuware?
    I cant remember the name of it
    It is called Salad Creations. There is a place in the Marquette Building called the Blue Star Cafe that has terrific "home made" lunch options every day.

Presto at the Andiamo Riverfront, italian to go, quick and affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by WPitonya View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what type of office is it moving to the RenCen? How many employees are moving? How about Detroit Breakfast House on Woodward for lunch?
    We are a logistics company..there are 70 of us plus some night crew

http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/robinson121509.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    It is called Salad Creations. There is a place in the Marquette Building called the Blue Star Cafe that has terrific "home made" lunch options every day.
    sounds just like my kinda place thank you for the suggestion

Sweetwater, Tom's Oyster, The Detroiter are all good. But I've always found that jumping on the people mover, going to lunch and then walking back to the Ren Cen fights off the mid-afternoon energy lag. There isn't anywhere in the CBD that is more than 15 minutes away from the RenCen. To that end, a PM trip to Cadillac Sq will put you within a block of Harmonie Park, or going the other way, Campus Martius.

That said, grabbing a bite at The Checker or Greenwich are a hampster-tube walk through the Millender to Cadillac Sq. ...

- Bangcock Crossing [[Woodward ave at Congress).
    - Rice Bowl in the Millender center
    - Laikon Cafe in Greektown for fast and affordable greek food. Maybe a little far but its not bad at all on a rice day and u can take the People Mover back.
    - Check out the People Mover station to station guide for a pretty extensive directory of downtown restauraunts+shops, theatres, galleries, etc

Sweet Lorraines on Jefferson.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    -
    - Check out the People Mover station to station guide for a pretty extensive directory of downtown restauraunts+shops, theatres, galleries, etc
    I printed this off...i think i shall pick a stop and then eat my way around it

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    I think this group is coming in to do a presentation in the office

Lunchtime Global is one of my favorites. Become a fan on Facebook and then you'll know what the daily specials are. Same for Mudgie's in Corktown but that's a hike for you. Also when you stay in the Ren Cen go to the deli place in the 500-600 tower. I seriously love that place. They have EVERYTHING and it's fresh and yummy.

I am pretty sure my friend works for your company. He wasn't thrilled about having to abandon his 8-minute drive to work down 696. Oh well, it is Detroit's gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Lunchtime Global is one of my favorites. Become a fan on Facebook and then you'll know what the daily specials are. Same for Mudgie's in Corktown but that's a hike for you. Also when you stay in the Ren Cen go to the deli place in the 500-600 tower. I seriously love that place. They have EVERYTHING and it's fresh and yummy.
    Thanks Sarah!
    we are moving in the 500 Tower and I had lunch with the Boss man at this deli on Tuesday and it was great...HUGE variety on the salad bar [[and the rest of the place) thanks for the heads up about facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I am pretty sure my friend works for your company. He wasn't thrilled about having to abandon his 8-minute drive to work down 696. Oh well, it is Detroit's gain.
    ohhh who could that be...hmmm trying to think who lives that close to here? A few of the peeps in here are going to have a long hike to work...

I can't believe no one mentioned Foran's Grand Trunk Pub. Amazing atmosphere & architecture, and the food aint bad, plus the local beer selection is the best around.

I also love Bucharest Grill for a quick & cheap shawarma. From the Ren Cen you'd take the People Mover to Grand Circus and walk north up Park a block -- the grill is located inside Park Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sweetwater, Tom's Oyster, The Detroiter are all good. But I've always found that jumping on the people mover, going to lunch and then walking back to the Ren Cen fights off the mid-afternoon energy lag. There isn't anywhere in the CBD that is more than 15 minutes away from the RenCen. To that end, a PM trip to Cadillac Sq will put you within a block of Harmonie Park, or going the other way, Campus Martius.

That said, grabbing a bite at The Checker or Greenwich are a hampster-tube walk through the Millender to Cadillac Sq. ...
    Checker Bar and Grill used to be packed daily for lunch and happy hours. Terrific cheeseburger.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; March-27-10 at 05:39 PM. Reason: grammar

Don't forget the Detroit Beer Company and Small Plates on Broadway across from the Opera House. There is also a very good coffee place right next door to Small Plates - 1515. All all the restaurants of Greektown are between you and Broadway. Also - The Motown Cafe & Grill on Cadillac Square is great for breakfast and lunch.

Welcome to downtown!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast