Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kwame's Civic Fund Paid 100K to Beatty After Resignation--Hush Money?

http://www.freep.com/article/2010032...ick-civic-fund

Not that this surprises me at all. And here's a theory for you--if her lawyer tried to block the depositions of Carlita and Bernard from happening, why? Could it be that Beatty--not Carlita--gave the beatdown to Tamara Greene at the Manoogian party? Perhaps nobody wants to talk because the one thing that would be even more embarrassing for Carlita than for the public to find out that she beat up an exotic dancer instead of her husband would be that the 'other woman' [[Beatty) beat up the exotic dancer.

That has always been my theory. If Carlita came home unexpectedly, Kwame's cop friend's would have let him know before she even got in the house. They knew what was going on, they saw the strippers go in. Now if Beatty showed up, they may have thought it was about city business and thought nothing of it. I think it was Beatty that did the beat down also.

I've said all along that this woman was not broke and destitute, as her lawyer and minister had been crying all over the news. She probably got close to her salary, upfront, so she was set for the rest of the year, which was why she was able to stay in her house and keep driving the Land Rover. That's why she resigned, she knew she was getting a payoff the next day. She's as bad as the rest of them, she just stayed under the radar. I'm glad the prosecution is looking further into this hush money.

There should be some charges that can be filed for the way they used that fund entirely for their own benefit. You would think the people who contributed would be outraged.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    I've said all along that this woman was not broke and destitute, as her lawyer and minister had been crying all over the news. She probably got close to her salary, upfront, so she was set for the rest of the year, which was why she was able to stay in her house and keep driving the Land Rover. That's why she resigned, she knew she was getting a payoff the next day. She's as bad as the rest of them, she just stayed under the radar. I'm glad the prosecution is looking further into this hush money.

There should be some charges that can be filed for the way they used that fund entirely for their own benefit. You would think the people who contributed would be outraged.
    I doubt there were many people that contributed to the fund believing that it was actually going to help the children of Detroit or whatever bullshit Kwame said it was for. This is where most of the bribes went.

^ I've always been mystified by the fact that anyone would have contributed to the fund. It was never exactly the United Way, the March of Dimes, or Obama for America even before all this broke... you didn't exactly have grandmas giving $5 out of pension checks to KMK. I thought there were a number of large donors.

I'd bet every large donor can be tied to something else happening in the McNamara/Cheeks/Kilpatrick empire, too.

Some ended up as vendors out at the new Thug terminal at Metro, some as city contractors, some got assistance through Big Momma Cheeks nationally...they all got theirs and this was one of the slush funds.

Everything holds up until scrutiny.

bartock Guest

I keep wondering when this non-profit will show up - http://www.mayorstime.com/faq/faq.htm

The office is still lit most days, and though I've not seen anyone actually working there, it has a significant amount of space and is still in the building directory. Changed it's name to the Youth Connection, but still uses Mayor's Time as a dba [[both done in November of 2008). "Youth Connection" is located on State Fair, yet the dba exists here. Just another of the many...this one was supposedly for "after school programs."

LodgeDodger Guest

This Civic Fund will be the thing that buries him. The way taxes buried Capone, the Civic fund will bury Kwame Kilpatrick.

Bring it FBI and IRS.

I think part of the investigation should be to have Beatty's company produce the printed pieces that she supposedly had done. Where's the paper trail for the printers? If any of this is even bordering on suspicious, then I'd definitely call it hush money. If not, then this might actually a case where KK & Co. might've actually gotten away with one by crossing all of their Ts & dotting their Is.

Wasn't there a fundraiser of some sort to help Beatty pay her legal bills? I vaguely remember people talking about it, how she needed help because she gave up her job and they were soliciting donations to help her. And all the while, she was sitting on more money than most of them made in 5 years.

One of the news programs showed the print piece that she produced. I was a 30 some page high gloss piece about what Kwame had done for the city. Was not this the piece that they discovered firemen in their uniforms were distributing on foot all over the city? Mongo was on the news inferring that what she got paid was unusually high.

This is sad. I cannot believe that she took that money!!! Dammit, Christine!

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    I doubt there were many people that contributed to the fund believing that it was actually going to help the children of Detroit or whatever bullshit Kwame said it was for. This is where most of the bribes went.
    Well Christine and Kwame have childred, who used to live in Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    Wasn't there a fundraiser of some sort to help Beatty pay her legal bills? I vaguely remember people talking about it, how she needed help because she gave up her job and they were soliciting donations to help her. And all the while, she was sitting on more money than most of them made in 5 years.
    Good post. If I recall, the clip WDIV was showing of her walking where a man gives her a kiss on the cheek is where the fundraiser was being held. Now I wonder how much was raised and if the donors are happy now that it has been revealed she doing just fine financially.

Punky, you're correct. That was the glossiest puff-piece I've ever seen. Regarding the garbage cans Grandmont/Rosedale had lobbied city hall for years, Christine got involved and came back with a mere 16 garbage cans on a 2.5 mile stretch of Grand River.

"Together, we got the job done."

Woohoo, 3 garbage cans per mile on each side of the street.

Detroit, the city that's broken.

This also explains how she was able to afford the services of her expensive attorney.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    This also explains how she was able to afford the services of her expensive attorney.
    oh, never mind.