Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bobb For Mayor [[of D.C.)?

Sources are telling WWJ's citybeat reporter Vickie Thomas that DPS Emergency Financial Manager Robert Bobb is being wooed to run for mayor of Washington D.C.

DPS spokesman Steve Wasko confirms that Bobb is in D.C. but he doesn't know at this time whether he's met with any people who would back Bobb. Wasko adds that Bobb remains committed to his current job and will remain so until his current contract expires in March 2011.

Wasn't he supposed to run for mayor of San Francisco a year or so back?

Hmmm. While he'd be an interesting choice, I thought his deal was to be the "clean-up guy." I get why they're wooing him, but I'd be surprised if he were interested.

Detroitej72...it was actually Oakland, California, where he was thinking of running for Mayor. He served as City manager in Oakland under Mayor Jerry Brown. He also has ties to D.C., where he's held numerous city administrative positions. I think it would be hard to leave a job where you're making $400,000+ a year.

Robert Bobb confirms to WWJ's Vickie Thomas that there have been talks about his running for mayor of D.C.