Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Any other hospital you know do this?

I just got back from Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle after a couple of days of treatment [[incomplete treatment due to some cock up, though), and they've got a really nifty set up I've never seen before. The hospital is on Seattle's First Hill, a mixed residential/commercial neighbourhood [[called Pill Hill because of the number of hospitals in the area), and VM owns two converted apartment buildings that they operate as hotels, open to the public, but geared towards people using the VM's services. They're not fancy, but the rates are excellent, and connected [[one hotel) or within a half block [[the other) of the hospital. Nifty idea.

So, any of the destination medical centers in the Detroit area offer a setup like this?

http://www.innatvirginiamason.com/innHistory.html
    http://www.baronesshotel.com/

I think it's a clever concept.

back in the early 90's, i stayed a night in a hotel attached to a hospital in Indianapolis. iirc, it was housed in tower separate from the rest of the complex but attached via an enclosure.

nothing fancy, but it was geared toward accommodating those folks visiting patients, or those undergoing treatment but not in-patient procedures.

I'm pretty sure the five star Royal Park Hotel in Rochester has in house plastic surgery suites. A hotel with a hospital ?

EastSider Guest

I don't feel like googling to confirm it, but I think Motts at UM has a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    I don't feel like googling to confirm it, but I think Motts at UM has a hotel.
    It's called the Med Inn and is attached to the hospital. There's also a Ronald McDonald house there [[and many other places) to house families whose kids are being treated.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    It's called the Med Inn and is attached to the hospital. There's also a Ronald McDonald house there [[and many other places) to house families whose kids are being treated.
    There's a Ronald McDonald House in the Detroit Med Center between Receiving and Children's Hospital.