Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scary GOP Poll

Default Scary GOP Poll

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/2...NhcnluZXdnb3Bw

24% think The president is the Antichrist? These people are truly scary.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; March-23-10 at 11:16 AM.

This is what I've been saying all along. Emphasis mine.

The poll, which surveyed 2,230 people right at the height of the health-care reform debate, also clearly shows that education is a barrier to extremism. Respondents without a college education are vastly more likely to believe such claims, while Americans with college degrees or better are less easily duped. It's a reminder of what the 19th-century educator Horace Mann once too-loftily said: "Ignorance breeds monsters to fill up the vacancies of the soul that are unoccupied by the verities of knowledge."

Last week, the first time since Obama took office to appease his masters, more people disapprove than approve of his performance.

AntiChrist? Nahh just another corporate stooge, could care less about the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Last week, the first time since Obama took office to appease his masters, more people disapprove than approve of his performance.
    And this poll shows what well-informed experts those people are.

EastSider Guest

Perhaps a little perspective is in order.

Bush the Lesser was identified as the anti-Christ, also, because of the conflict between his alleged Methodist religion and his war-mongering. I don't remember if Clinton was, but Bush I was for his "New World Order" comment, as was Ray-gun, especially with his "Evil Empire" speech.

EastSider Guest

http://www.markswatson.com/bushac.htm

http://isbushantichrist.blogspot.com/

According to freelance journalist Wayne Madsden, "George W Bush's blood lust, his repeated commitment to Christian beliefs and his constant references to 'evil doers,' in the eyes of many devout Catholic leaders, bear all the hallmarks of the one warned about in the Book of Revelations--the anti-Christ."
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_108881880/

Is Clinton the antichrist?
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=8270

Check out this author:

IS BUSH THE ANTICHRIST?
    By Chuck Baldwin

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin15.htm

Let's not forget Hillary Clinton was also called the antichrist.

Ronald Wilson Reagan = 666
    http://home.mcn.net/~willfree/coincidence/reagan.htm

Retroit Guest

If you were "educated" enough, you would have read:

24 percent say "he may be the Antichrist."

which is not the same as what you thought you read [[that he "is" the Antichrist). There is a big difference, and technically it is true that anyone [[except Christ, of course) could be the Antichrist.

Heck, I could be Santa Claus.

Quote: "And this poll shows what well-informed experts those people are."

So if someone disagrees with you, they must be ill-informed?

Riiighht..

I love the words used by the author. "Hatriot" and "Obama Derangement Syndrome." Very descriptive.

I heard a guy comparing this health care squabble to a lab experiment where a rat was put in a situation where it could get food by pressing a lever. Pressing the lever also shocked another rat. Eventually the rat stopped pressing the lever showing that even rats have some form of empathy. Then he said "If even rats can understand it, why can't Republicans?" ROTFLMAO!

Quote: "And this poll shows what well-informed experts those people are."

So if someone disagrees with you, they must be ill-informed?

Riiighht..
    Where did you get that idea? I was referring to the article. Go back and read that, or at least look at the second post that describes these people's education levels and the correlation between lack of education and batshit craziness.
    How would I know whether they agreed with me or not, and why would anyone care? I didn't conduct the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    If you were "educated" enough, you would have read:

which is not the same as what you thought you read [[that he "is" the Antichrist). There is a big difference, and technically it is true that anyone [[except Christ, of course) could be the Antichrist.
    you have an odd idea of "big difference." perhaps Christ was also the anti-Christ.

Thats why you can get a poll to tell you what you want by structuring the questions a certain way. You really need to know who's commissioning the poll and how the questions are structured before you can say whether a poll is legit or not. Oh yeah! I forgot sample size and margin of error. These jack-leg poll-ters play lots of games with that as well.

24% think The president is the Antichrist? These people are truly scary.
    So says the party that thought George Bush would declare himself king and cancel the 2008 elections. Come on, give me a break with this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    So says the party that thought George Bush would declare himself king and cancel the 2008 elections. Come on, give me a break with this nonsense.
    What does "party" have to do with the poll?

ask Detroitej72

he named the thread "Scary GOP Poll"

Time to heal folks it's getting nasty out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    ask Detroitej72

he named the thread "Scary GOP Poll"
    That's because the Harris polling corporation conducted a survey of Republicans. The results of the poll indicate that an inordinate amount of these Republicans have firm beliefs that are simply not rooted in fact.

Any further questions?

Quote: "Time to heal folks it's getting nasty out there...."

What's getting nasty out where?

Quote: "Time to heal folks it's getting nasty out there...."

What's getting nasty out where?
    Calling African American elected representatives the "n" word is nasty. Spitting on those one disagrees with is nasty. Publicly humiliating a Parkinsons' sufferer is nasty. Throwing bricks through the windows of an office is nasty....

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    you have an odd idea of "big difference." perhaps Christ was also the anti-Christ.
    Well, it is certainly true that Obama is the anti-Obama and that Democrats are the anti-Democrats. The next election ought to prove that.

ferntruth Guest

Well, it is certainly true that Obama is the anti-Obama and that Democrats are the anti-Democrats. The next election ought to prove that.

Ok. Thanks for clearing up your idea of a "big difference".

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    The results of the poll indicate that an inordinate amount of these Republicans have firm beliefs that are simply not rooted in fact.

Any further questions?
    he should have called it the DUH! poll

I took some heat on this board for using the term wingnuts in referring to the GOP and some of their tea party buddies. I thought about it and said maybe that term was too harsh.

I took a look at the actual poll numbers which I don't think were linked, and now
    I'm thinking maybe I'm not so wrong for using that term.

The numbers are mind boggling. Let me give you one example. The birthers feel Obama was not born is the United States and thus should not be president.

Registered Repubs 45%
    Indeps 24%

I'm going to say 69% because the independents are 1) either to the right of the GOP or too embarassed to say they are Repubs in public but hold these views

As for education there is a difference between HS grad and some college and college grad but not as big a difference as you might think. The big difference is between college and post grad. I'm shocked that low information voters extend all the way thru college grad.

Its like this throughout the entire survey.

http://news.harrisinteractive.com/pr...&Category=1777
    Last edited by firstandten; March-27-10 at 11:34 PM.

Retroit Guest

Wasn't the legitimacy of Obama's natural birth citizenship made an issue by a Democratic Hillary Clinton supporter Phillip Berg?

Wasn't the legitimacy of Obama's natural birth citizenship made an issue by a Democratic Hillary Clinton supporter Phillip Berg?
    Yes, he is a dem, not sure of his relationship with Hillary, but if you read up on him his Tin Foil Hat has been working overtime and not just with Obama.

There was a number of questions other than that in which the poll numbers are just crazy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast