Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kibitzer cafe on Cass

Does anyone remember The Kibitzer? I believe it was on the first floor of The Wayne Court Apartments. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. But wasn't it called the Kibitzer Tavern? I have a shot of it from across the street [[Cass) at night. I believe I shot it in 1967 because I was working near there and exploring the neighborhood.
    The address was 3527 Cass and was on the ground floor of the Wayne Court Apartments, which sign I think is still there. One of these days I'll post it on my web site. http://www.russmarshallphotographs.net/

3. Default

In wrong forum --- moved

Default Kibitzer

I remember playing pool at the Kibitzer in the mid 1970s. At that time may street people from the Cass Corridor drank there and at times caused problems for the owners of the bar. It was located on Cass avenue in Detroit. Does anyone know when it closed?

Here's the shot of the Kibitzer on my web site. It was 1967. Scroll down to the bottom.
    http://www.russmarshallphotographs.n...s_Streets.html
    Last edited by BRAZZMAN; October-17-10 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Add info