Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Downriver Pizza

Default Downriver Pizza

Need names of down river pizza restaurants

The Dude Guest

Besides the big chains, there's Roma on Eureka w. of Fort St, in Southgate, Pia's on Ecorse RD in Taylor, Vito's on Fort ST IN Lincoln Park, ALSO IN l.p. ON Fort ST, Clemente's, Leonardo's in Romulus on Merriman, just N of Metro Airport, Frank's on Biddle in Wyandotte, also in Wyandotte, JJ'S ON Ford [[Northline), Del's on Jefferson in Trenton, there's one in Allen Park on the west side of Allen RD Italian SOUNDING NAME, CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME, If UR looking for inside dining, Roma's, Frank's, Vito's, Leonardo's,Clemente's,and Pia's have it, so does the place on Allen in A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by 30th Street View Post
    Need names of down river pizza restaurants
    Just a few non-chain pizza restaurants. They're all excellent

Roma's on Eureka just west of Fort
    Vito's on Fort in Lincoln Park
    Frank's Cafe on Biddle in Wyandotte
    Del's on Jefferson in the old part of Trenton
    Clemente's Bar on Fort in Lincoln Park

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Besides the big chains, there's Roma on Eureka w. of Fort St, in Southgate, Pia's on Ecorse RD in Taylor, Vito's on Fort ST IN Lincoln Park, ALSO IN l.p. ON Fort ST, Clemente's, Leonardo's in Romulus on Merriman, just N of Metro Airport, Frank's on Biddle in Wyandotte, also in Wyandotte, JJ'S ON Ford [[Northline), Del's on Jefferson in Trenton, there's one in Allen Park on the west side of Allen RD Italian SOUNDING NAME, CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME, If UR looking for inside dining, Roma's, Frank's, Vito's, Leonardo's,Clemente's,and Pia's have it, so does the place on Allen in A.P.
    Dude you beat me to it by a few seconds. Looks like we agree on most of the non-big chains. Is the Allen Park place called Tullio's on Allen Rd. near Champaign? Tullio's is more of a finer Italian restaurant and has good pizza.

I know this isn't downriver, but the pizza/Italian place inside the Fisher building was very delicious. Pricey, but the mood and the pizza were just right.

I was just at Pia's in Taylor a few weeks ago. First rate pizza with a terrific, chewy crust. Service is always very friendly.

YUMM! Franks Pizza in Wyandotte. I have been eating pizza there since I can remember. I know how bad this will sound but, normally, I don't really care for pepperoni but at Franks they use the little pepperoni and cook the pizza until they curl up and become little crunchy cups of grease. Damn it's good!

Our go-to pizza joint in the near downriver area is BC's down on Fort Street between Outer Drive and Southfield on the west side of the street. They rule.

Whats the place that uses sauerkraut as a topping?

Quote Originally Posted by Downriver Gal View Post
    I was just at Pia's in Taylor a few weeks ago. First rate pizza with a terrific, chewy crust. Service is always very friendly.
    Where in Taylor is this place?

Also, Franks is always a good place but its a bit to greasy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by biketech View Post
    Whats the place that uses sauerkraut as a topping?
    That's Clemente's. Never been there. Is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    Where in Taylor is this place?
    Pia's is on Ecorse Road, west of Pelham.

http://www.piaspizza.com/

The Dude Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Dude you beat me to it by a few seconds. Looks like we agree on most of the non-big chains. Is the Allen Park place called Tullio's on Allen Rd. near Champaign? Tullio's is more of a finer Italian restaurant and has good pizza.
    Yeah, that's it, Tulio's La Riviera. Thanks, kellyroad.

Pia's is on Ecorse Road, west of Pelham.

http://www.piaspizza.com/

Thanks, I am a bit south of that [[think van horn/allen area) but if im ever up there I will try it!

The Dude Guest

Baldo's on Telegraph in Brownstown.

The Dude Guest

Back in the 70's before it became a big chain, Hungry Howie's had a good crust , cheesy [[as in lots of cheese) pizza. Hungry Howie's has pizza buffet restaurants in Florida, some of them serve draft beer. A good pizza buffet downriver is Stevie B's on Allen and West Rd. A lot better than American Pie on Pardee in Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Back in the 70's before it became a big chain, Hungry Howie's had a good crust , cheesy [[as in lots of cheese) pizza. Hungry Howie's has pizza buffet restaurants in Florida, some of them serve draft beer. A good pizza buffet downriver is Stevie B's on Allen and West Rd. A lot better than American Pie on Pardee in Taylor.
    Yea, the kids love stevie b's and the pizza comes in lots of varieites but its not STELLAR IMO but for the price, its good.

The Dude Guest

Another pizza that USED to be good was Buscemi's. They used to have a store on Northline w. of Fort Street in Southgate. It was the best take out pizza that you could buy, eat. A year or so ago, we got a Buscemi's pizza on Venoy in Westland and it seemed as though they cheapened the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Our go-to pizza joint in the near downriver area is BC's down on Fort Street between Outer Drive and Southfield on the west side of the street. They rule.
    B.C.'s is literally in back of my house!! I can smell the pizza sauce every day at the same time!!

That's Clemente's. Never been there. Is it good?
    Clemente's is very good. They were the first liquor license in Lincoln Park when they were on Fort Park. We stopped in on the wee hours of January 1st and had a riot.
    They had a buffet of food for their customers and had karaoke. Even Paul Clemente was out there singing. And his son who is about 12 years old was terrific at it!!!

Pizza Connection on Southfield, east of Fort, across the street from Calder's Dairy in Lincoln Park is a place I frequented when I lived there. However, I'm partial to Clemente's.

Sylvia's Super Sub Shop on Allen rd. across from Thunderbowl. You will have to take a paper towel to soak up the grease in the little pepperoni bowls.
    Franks in Wyandotte is still the best though, Pias not bad either.

That Sylvia's looks like a good place to try. Every once in a while I like a nice greasy square of pizza. There was a little place on Pardee in Taylor, Arjay's, where you'd get two delicious slices and a coke for $1.75. They closed, unfortunately.

Vito's on Fort Street in Lincoln Park had it too. You'd order a large and there'd be a little pool of grease in the middle. But so good. I understand they've reopened, but I haven't been to the new one.

Add one more vote for BC's in Lincoln Park. 20 years later, and the pie is still awesome! They nailed the 2 most important parts. Yummy sauce and lots of cheese.

Franks in Wyandotte for sure!! One place where the food is worth the service...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast