Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

LodgeDodger Guest

Default Preservation Wayne Volunteer Recruiting Meeting - Saturday, March 27th!

Preservation Wayne 2010 Volunteer Recruiting Meeting
    Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 9:30 AM - Noon

Do you have a passion for architecture and history? Join us for the Preservation Wayne 2010 Volunteer Recruiting Session! The session will be held at the Model T Automotive Heritage Complex [[TPLEX) on Saturday, March 27, 2010. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 9:30 AM.

The T-Plex is located at the corner of Piquette and Beaubien streets.

Arrive early, there will be a brief tour of the museum before our meeting begins! See the birthplace of the Model T!

See you there!

I can't wait to see the T-Plex I will be there...

I will be in attendance! See you Saturday morning.

Preservation Wayne called mt to set up my reservation for the theater tour today. Kinda early, but I guess they are starting taking reservations today. Have to pay when you reserve. Just FYI.

LodgeDodger Guest

bump!

.................................................. ..

This was one of the organizations I've always been interested in and curious about, LodgeDodger, and I was planning to check it out sometime.

Do volunteers need to have a background in architecture and/or history, or simply a love for it? Are there different levels of involvement?
    Last edited by English; March-24-10 at 04:59 AM.

English: All you need is the interest and the desire to help out! Join us if you can on Saturday morning and see what Preservation Wayne is all about.

LodgeDodger Guest

My personal knowledge of architecture could be fit into a thimble--with room to spare.

Preservation Wayne tours are well-researched. If a person is interested in tours, but doesn't feel confident, offer to volunteer as a shepherd. Many of our larger tours need shepherds to assist the guides.

My involvement with the group is limited to my passion--automotive history. I've had volunteers who may not feel confident enough to take on a full tour. They learn about one building on the tour and take over when we arrive at the building.

For anyone interested in volunteering for Preservation Wayne, do plan to attend on Saturday! You'll learn about the many ways in which you can help.

Some of the current Preservation Wayne tours:

2010 Preservation Wayne Tours
    Cultural Center
    Downtown
    Eastern Market
    Midtown
    Auto Heritage

Downtown Buildings of Louis Kamper
    Downtown Buildings of Albert Kahn
    Downtown Sculptures, Fountains & Art
    Downtown Skyscrapers
    “NEW” People Mover Tour
    Theatre Tour [[August 14, 2010)

About the 2010 THEATRE TOUR 2010: August 14, 2010. Reservations strongly recommended. We are taking them now.

Kathleen -- thanks. It's on my calendar.

LodgeDodger Guest

bump!

.................................................. ...........................

Bump - looking forward to it, and will be bringing along a friend!

help a newbie understand "Bump".

I hope to be there as well.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    help a newbie understand "Bump".

I hope to be there as well.
    A "bump" is a quick entry that moves the thread to the top. Otherwise, if the thread sits there w/o postings, it falls to the bottom.

See you there. ;-)

Always wanted to get involved, especially since my recent retirement. I'll be there.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 65memories View Post
    Always wanted to get involved, especially since my recent retirement. I'll be there.
    It sounds like we'll have quite the gathering on Saturday. Yay!

LodgeDodger Guest

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Oooh. The anticipation of it all!

See you there!!!

LodgeDodger Guest

That's not the Piquette TPLEX. At least not the Field, Hinchman, and Smith, New England-style building.

That was so cool! I loved seeing the old Ford automobiles. I spent a lot of time kibbutzing & connecting, not enough time touring. Will have to come back to the T-Plex.

Thanks to everyone who attended! It was nice meeting new faces.

LodgeDodger Guest

It was one of the best recruitment meetings ever! I had a great time.

What a great setting!!! The T-Plex is amazing!!!

And it was a successful meeting. Thanks to all who attended. Nice to meet 65memories and English!!

If you couldn't make the meeting, but still want to volunteer, get in touch with PW via email or a phone call. There are many ways to help out, so the Volunteer Coodinator will set you up with whatever suits your schedule and interest.