Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default volunteering spots

what place do you love to volunteer at or what group do you love to work with?

LodgeDodger Guest

TPLEX docent
    http://tplex.org/

Preservation Wayne - Automotive Heritage guide
    http://preservationwayne.org/tours_auto.php

Georgia Street Community Collective

www.georgiastreetcc.com

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition

i am on the grounds crew.

please come help us out!

www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com/involved.html

Quote Originally Posted by WaCoTS View Post
    Historic Fort Wayne Coalition

i am on the grounds crew.

please come help us out!

www.historicfortwaynecoalition.com/involved.html
    Thanks for the info. I am interested in helping out with grounds.

Lincoln Park Preservation Alliance
    Shop Lincoln Park Business Expo
    Lincoln Park Cruise Committee, two years

St John Hospital-- Detroit campus- Operating room volunteer. Tuesday mornings. Come visit.

The Miracle League of Michigan, a baseball league for special-needs kids. We have a rubberized, wheelchair-accessible basball diamond in Southfield and can always use a few good volunteers.

www.michiganmiracle.org

Preservation Wayne - Cultural Center tour guide

Friends of Freer House - events volunteer

Friends of the Royal Oak Public Library - Board Member and volunteer at Friends events

St. Dennis Warming Center

Woodward Avenue Action Association - events volunteer

Mercy Education Project-

Mercy Education Project [[MEP) provides after-school tutoring and GED preparation, adult literacy and other educational life skills development services to girls and women.

I tutor a nine-year old twice a week in an afterschool session...Very fulfilling and worthwhile...

mercyed.net

bartock Guest

C.O.T.S. -messagenowlongenough

St. Leo's Soup Kitchen

Thanks for this thread! I used to volunteer quite a bit with the Detroit Public Library:

http://www.detroit.lib.mi.us/

Also volunteered at a FL library in college. I just really love libraries!

I am looking for other ways to get involved beyond my church and sorority, so I'll be keeping an eye on this list. Love volunteering, so thanks again.

Alternatives for Girls
    I have mentored a 10 year old girl for the past 4 years and I help out with programs and events when needed/ I have free time

English we are always looking for a few good women [[and men) to help out! AFG is in desperate need of mentors.

http://www.alternativesforgirls.org/

While in Grosse Pointe I volunteered at the information desk at Bon Secours Hospital for many years. I've also volunteered playing the piano and singing at a number of nursing homes around the area.

I've continued to volunteer in both areas at new locations here in Arizona since moving here in '01.

Wintersmommy, I sent you a PM. I looked into AFG about 7-8 years ago, and would definitely be interested in learning more. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bike4beer View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am interested in helping out with grounds.
    we are usually there wednesday nites from 4pm to dark, our HQ is blg 112B.
    in order to work however, you must become a member, pay the $20, and fill out the liability form, etc...for insurance reasons, etc.

they are going to be working at the Fort down along the waterfront again this saturday after 1130am if you want to come by and meet everyone/see what we do, etc. i think we also have the necessary forms to fill out at the office for you as well.

a pic from today's work:

from a few weeks ago:

...we've been on a tree chopping frenzy lately. this one ad been growing out the side of Blg 101 for years... buh bye.