Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Easter brunch?

lilpup Guest

Default Easter brunch?

My dad recently passed away and so this will be the first Easter without him for my mom. It's going to just be the two of us so I'd like to take her someplace kinda nice for brunch. I was thinking someplace light and airy if the weather is nice. Andiamo's in the RenCen has an Easter brunch 11 am-2 pm - has anyone been to it before? Is it nice and are reservations required?

Any other suggestions?

lilpup - sorry to her about your dad. i know it will be kinda of a drag [[we buried my mom the day before thanksgiving) but it will be a good thing to go out with your mom. adiamo in the rencen in very good but haven't been there for brunch. a very good friend of our's brother runs it and the chef is excellent. he catered their daughters granduation and it was very good.
    Last edited by Maof; March-22-10 at 06:51 PM.

oh and if you want to go to the 'burbs, i hear gino's surf is pretty good too.

lilpup, I am so sorry for your loss.

Anidiamo's is first rate. I have never attended their Easter brunch, but they certainly have the whole hospitality thing sewn up. Yet, if you and Mom have your passports together, a run across the river might add a flair of adventure to the day and invent a new tradition in the family.

Again, please accept my condolences for your loss.

lilpup, you and your mother have my sympathy. So sorry for your loss.

We've never been to Anidiamo's, but Gino's Surf puts on a really good meal anytime. We've not been for Easter brunch, but have been there for other holidays. A friend of ours has owned the establishment for several years now, and he and his family are hands on in running the place. We've also attended a wedding there. They do a fantastic job. And being on the lake you'd have a beautiful view.