Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Problems getting into DYES today?

I had a lot of problems trying to get to DYES this afternoon [[Monday).... anyone else?

I even tried EMAILing Lowell... but even that came back MAIL DELIVERY SYSTEM FAILURE.

Now things appear OK however....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I had a lot of problems trying to get to DYES this afternoon [[Monday).... anyone else?

I even tried EMAILing Lowell... but even that came back MAIL DELIVERY SYSTEM FAILURE.

Now things appear OK however....
    Something was down. Mozilla couldn't find it.

Retroit Guest

Now see, this is why we need government run internet forums to prevent greedy capitalists from cutting off our access at their whim.

Yes we can!

LodgeDodger Guest

It seems to me the Internet as a whole was acting strangely today.

DYES seemed unusually slow. Other sites seemed normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    It seems to me the Internet as a whole was acting strangely today.
    i agree...couldn't snoop on my daughters facebook either

We had a server traffic spike on DetroitYES today. I will have to look at the stats to see what happened. I switched DetroitYES off for about 45 minutes as it was affecting all sites on the server. Our server support company, who monitors and backs up the server, detected it early and took some steps that didn't work at first. Finally they went to a reboot and that seemed to normalize it.

I don't know if there was other internet flakiness today, but in the midst of all that my Brighthouse cable internet connection went down.

We have a new high power server to which we will migrate DetroitYES once we get it tweaked out had find the time. Got to do the jobs that pay the bills first and the ones that cost second.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Now see, this is why we need government run internet forums to prevent greedy capitalists from cutting off our access at their whim.

Yes we can!
    Yes, I agree. The greedy government run internet forums could COMPETE with the greedy private sector run internet forums to see who could cut off our access, at their whim, first. I propose we give Manny Moron the first forums to run and cut-off. Here, here, do I have a second?

The greedy government run internet forums could COMPETE with the greedy private sector
    I nominate The People of The United States as the sole arbitrator between the two. Guess which they would choose in the current environment?

Retroit Guest

...and why do we have to pay for the internet. Doesn't our Constitution guarantee a "Freedom of Speech".

Please support Obama's Internet Access Reform. Yes we can!