Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Clean the D. Anyone here going?

I am. I got 7 other people I know to go and just wanted to see if any of you are planning to.

If you don't know what Clean the D is here is some info.

The Eight Mile Boulevard Association, the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce, the Woodward Avenue Action Association along with the Motor City Makeover are partnering for the third straight year to create an innovative, regional, one day event entitled Clean the D. The goal of Clean the D is to improve the quality of life and landscape of metro-Detroit in the communities bordering Eight Mile and Woodward Avenue. Last year more than 300 volunteers tackled 15 projects which resulted in over one ton of trash picked up from area streets, graffiti removed and flower beds planted.

The Woodward Avenue community projects for this year include:
    • Flower bed planting
    • Graffiti removal
    • Art installation project in several vacant properties
    • Mural painting
    • Litter pick up
    • Landscape maintenance

This year core communities the WA3 will be working with are Detroit, Highland Park, Royal Oak and Pontiac.

Clean the D Schedule of Events:
    Date: Saturday, May 1, 2010
    Schedule: 9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Check in at designated project sites. Volunteers receive free lunch, t-shirts and supplies
    9:30 a.m. – Noon Clean up at various sites
    Noon – 1:00 p.m. Volunteer Appreciation Picnic at various locations

Volunteers:
    There are many volunteer opportunities for individuals to corporate teams. Persons interested in volunteering don’t need an green thumb just a desire to make metro Detroit a better place to live, work and play!

Hope to see you there!

DetroitDad Guest

Sounds great! Where do we sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    Sounds great! Where do we sign up?
    http://www.woodwardavenue.org/Collab...the+D-102.html

What a great project! Thanks for posting the info.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    What a great project! Thanks for posting the info.
    No problem!

No one else? damn

Im planning on going!

Thanks for the heads-up! I've been doing this for the past 5 years through my employer, we have an office on Woodward in Pontiac. In years past, employees have volunteered to pick up trash around the Woodward loop, planted flowers/trees, painted/cleaned up graffiti, etc. I'll put this on my calendar and try to get friends to help.