Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "No War"

Bullet Guest

Default "No War"

What has happened to all of the “NO WAR” signs? Since January they have been disappearing from the landscape in my hood. I walk Rover each evening, and I have taken notice of the multitudes of protest signs along my route. Over the last months, they have been disappearing from lawns and windows. Did we win the war as I knew we would? Did we lose like Biden promised? Did we surrender like Obama said he would? Did some radical right wing gun-toting freedom-loving anti-big-G’mint Christian steal them? I am sure there are still plenty around, but at this rate they will all be gone before we start mixing it up with Korea. I am saving mine. I’ve got two signs and cut the letters out from them to spell “WAR NOW” No one even notices.

Same amount of signs in my neighborhood.

ccbatson Guest

Simple...it is "their war" now

Same signs still up in my neighborhood. Perhaps your imagination, stirred by a desire to prove some sort of irrelevant partisan point, is causing you to not see signs you thought you saw previously.

I don't have a lawn to put a sign on, but my "No War" button is still sitting here on my desk.

Now we have another chickenhawk in office. Now we have another surge in the works. Now we have renewed eruptions of violence in Iraq. Now we'll see more brown people killed by the US war machine. Where's Women in Black? Where have all the 9/Woodward protestors gone?

Who cares, we won the election.

Woodward and 9 folks will be out there tonight, you missed Women In Black by a week. Pay attention, don't be trollin.

Crowds in Ferndale are way down by my observation. Why? Is war less bad now?

Your observations are way off, you didn't even know the Ferndale folk were still out there.

Tell me, how was the Women In Black turnout?

Sure there's some left in Ferndale but most have disappeared. I drive past that corner all the time. WIB, now, I have no idea. They seem a lot less organized.

WIB is incredibly organized, they are an international organization with a regular schedule they adhere closely to. For instance, I know where the next 8 marches will be.

You might not want to admit that you don't know what you're talking about. It's okay. Many of the people sent here from right wing websites are given orders, not explanations. Take a second to do some research, you're on a computer, type in Google.com and you will find out all sorts of things. True things.

CC is spot on in his post above. Is it that difficult to admit that for most the "End the War" signs were just a "No More Bush" campaign in disguise? The signs in my neighborhood are either faded or removed. My guess is the Democrats and left wing lobbies are no longer sponsoring the purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I am saving mine. I’ve got two signs and cut the letters out from them to spell “WAR NOW” No one even notices.
    What kind of notice were you expecting?

A knock on your door and a knuckle sandwich delivery?

Last edited by Flanders; April-20-09 at 02:05 PM.

Bullet Guest

Mmmmmm...Knuckle sandwich...

Mmmmmm...Knuckle sandwich...

ccbatson Guest

It is "their" war...and the media isn't interested in bringing that to anyone's attention.

Liberal fascism is beginning to show itself.

Except there are signs, and demos, and resistance. Just because it's not in your talking points doesn't mean it isn't happening.

ccbatson Guest

Without media coverage, the already tiny showings will dwindle into oblivion. Even more so as most of the protestors do not want to appear to be at odds with their beloved Chancellor Obama.

WIB is incredibly organized, they are an international organization with a regular schedule they adhere closely to. For instance, I know where the next 8 marches will be.
    Can you post that info?

They don't? Cc, how do you know this? From the many marches you attended, or do the voices in your head tell you this?

I am still seeing a lot of 'stop the war' type stickers combined with Obama stickers on the back of Subaru station wagons. I appreciate irony.

Bullet Guest

The protesters at Nine and Woodward have gone down to zero from an all time high of about a hundred [[by my estimate). There was a time I could blindly lob my empty beer can from the window of my F-150 and nail a commie every time. Now it just hits the lone homeless person who is grateful for the dime.

The protesters at Nine and Woodward have gone down to zero from an all time high of about a hundred [[by my estimate). There was a time I could blindly lob my empty beer can from the window of my F-150 and nail a commie every time. Now it just hits the lone homeless person who is grateful for the dime.
    Do you have proof they are commies, or is it just the talking points that your leaders of the fringe-right tell you to call them?

What a little common sense and a slow response based on facts something the conservatives cant understand? The man is drawing fire for not ending a war? from some of the same sheep that followed the Bush Doctrine in the first place...Maybe those who criticize have a better plan...oops they lost the election ..

and they lost the confidence of many people.

Guess the Bush/Neocons/ folks don't understand that it takes time to end a war responsibly and fix an economy the right way...ummm a president that actually has an intellectual approach to fixing our country...gee no wonder there is all this anger amongst the herds...

the more the right opens their mouth the sillier they sound...

I opposed the Bush doctrine. That is one of the reasons I didn't vote for someone who wanted to keep 50,000 troops in Iraq, threatened Pakistan, supported Bush's meddling in Georgia, supported admitting Georgia into NATO, voted for every Iraq funding proposal initiated by Bush, proposed expanding the military by 92,000, and believed the US "should support the immediate deployment of an effective international force to disarm militia, protect civilians and facilitate delivery of humanitarian assistance in Darfur." That was before he decided to increase troop strength by 21,000 in Afghanistan and send more rockets into Pakistan. McCain probably would have been worse and unable to charm Chavez.

'Fix the economy' as in "fix : to castrate or spay" the economy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast