Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: "No War"

Hybrid View

Bullet Guest

Default "No War"

What has happened to all of the “NO WAR” signs? Since January they have been disappearing from the landscape in my hood. I walk Rover each evening, and I have taken notice of the multitudes of protest signs along my route. Over the last months, they have been disappearing from lawns and windows. Did we win the war as I knew we would? Did we lose like Biden promised? Did we surrender like Obama said he would? Did some radical right wing gun-toting freedom-loving anti-big-G’mint Christian steal them? I am sure there are still plenty around, but at this rate they will all be gone before we start mixing it up with Korea. I am saving mine. I’ve got two signs and cut the letters out from them to spell “WAR NOW” No one even notices.

Same amount of signs in my neighborhood.

ccbatson Guest

Simple...it is "their war" now

Same signs still up in my neighborhood. Perhaps your imagination, stirred by a desire to prove some sort of irrelevant partisan point, is causing you to not see signs you thought you saw previously.

I don't have a lawn to put a sign on, but my "No War" button is still sitting here on my desk.

Now we have another chickenhawk in office. Now we have another surge in the works. Now we have renewed eruptions of violence in Iraq. Now we'll see more brown people killed by the US war machine. Where's Women in Black? Where have all the 9/Woodward protestors gone?

Who cares, we won the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I am saving mine. I’ve got two signs and cut the letters out from them to spell “WAR NOW” No one even notices.
    What kind of notice were you expecting?

A knock on your door and a knuckle sandwich delivery?

Last edited by Flanders; April-20-09 at 02:05 PM.

Bullet Guest

Mmmmmm...Knuckle sandwich...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    Mmmmmm...Knuckle sandwich...

ccbatson Guest

It is "their" war...and the media isn't interested in bringing that to anyone's attention.

Liberal fascism is beginning to show itself.

Except there are signs, and demos, and resistance. Just because it's not in your talking points doesn't mean it isn't happening.