Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Who Went To The Hideout?

Just curious

Who went there??? What local and national bands did you see there? What was it like??? Do tell, do tell.

the hideout on grosebeck north of 12 mile in roseville?-thats my place, but i don't thats what you're asking about here

The original was at Harper and Lennon in Harper Woods along I-94

I went there a few times. Don't remember the bands name but they were Grosse Pointe Kids. They had one 45 release that was called "Man in the Glass"

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I went there a few times. Don't remember the bands name but they were Grosse Pointe Kids. They had one 45 release that was called "Man in the Glass"
    From YouTube:
    In 1965, the Underdogs cut Hideout's first single, "Man In The Glass," a song based on an Alcoholics Anonymous poem. The flip side was "Judy Be Mine" aka "Friday At The Hideout," which the Romantics redid. "Man in the Glass" made enough noise locally for Hideout to ink a master deal with Reprise Records for mass distribution. Members are Dave Whitehouse [[vocals/bass), Tony Roumell [[lead guitar/vocals), Chris Lena [[rhythm guitar/vocals), and Michael Morgan [[drums/vocals).
    Man in the Glass

I suggest this CD.
    http://www.amazon.com/Friday-Hideout.../dp/B00005NKIC

I went to the Harper Hideout a couple of times in 1965 or 1966. I did see Seger there once.

Yeah that Hideout CD is good.

What about some of the other bands

The Yorkshires??
    The Tidal Waves??
    The Pleasure Seekrs
    The Fugitives??

Who say them???

Saw Seger, and the Underdogs there. Others that I don't remember. Hot, I mean HOT inside, during the summer. Stopped going when a drunken patron tried, unsuccessfully, to start a fight by pouring beer on a friend's shoes on the sidewalk outside. A lot of kids there drank out in their car before going inside. We had "moved on" from beer, and moved on to other venues...
    Last edited by Bobl; March-20-10 at 03:01 PM.

my parents used to go to the Hideout in Harper Woods--quite often in fact. my dad's family lived about 2 blocks away on Fleetwood.

I got that Hideout CD too - there are others if you look on Amazon.

Pics of the Hideout as it looks now, toward the bottom of this post:

http://www.detroitfunk.com/?p=487

Seger
    Rationals
    Woolies
    There was a Hideout in Clawson also..SRC,Terry Knight and the Pack...

Default Hideout

Saw Bob Seger and The Last Heard, 1966

Cass1966 Guest

Default The Hideout

Who still has their membership card? I also want to the Chatterbox in Warren.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cass1966 Guest

The band formed by the Quatro sisters, The Pleasure Seekers, got their start at the Hideout. Some old photos and other interesting information about them at myspace.com/pleasure seekers

There was one in Clawson too. The guy who ran them was Dave ? His parents owned a food distribution place at Eastern Market. It was their last name. I'm sure someone remembers. I went to the one in Clawson and saw Bob Seeger and the Pleasure Seekers. Suzy Quatro was in the Pleasure Seekers. She later appread on Happy Days as Leather Tusconaro or something like that. I think I was only 14 when I saw them.

You are likely thinking about Dave Leonne [[sp?) who passed away about ten years ago.