Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default New Center branch Bank Of America robbed?

I went to the New Center branch of BOA today around 1:40p.m. There was a sign on the door saying they were closed.
    Anyone know what happend?Was the bank robbed?

Wasn't that the bank where JoAnn Watson walked in on the robbery in progress a couple of weeks ago?

It was robbed again today. The drug store in the Fischer was robbed last month, and in New Center One, the Bank was recently robbed within the last month also.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Wasn't that the bank where JoAnn Watson walked in on the robbery in progress a couple of weeks ago?
    If I'm not mistaken that was Comerica Bank. It's across the street from New Center One.

Ugh! Banks within big office building were once considered safer... I guess that is over, as more and more banks close in the city. The Comerica up on Livernois and 6 miles just closed. This is not good news.... I usually feel fairly safe [[though I am cautious were ever I go) in the Fisher building though it is somewhat dark there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    It was robbed again today. The drug store in the Fischer was robbed last month, and in New Center One, the Bank was recently robbed within the last month also.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ...though it is somewhat dark there.
    That's cute.

Wish I had the nerve to rob a bank...theyre insured anyways?

As a former bank employee, you'd actually be surprised how often they get robbed. The FBI does a good job of keeping them out of the press, so people don't get similar ideas. That said, most robbers only get away with a $1k-$2k. Really not worth potentially spending the rest of your life in jail over..

Quote Originally Posted by thefishwrap View Post
    That said, most robbers only get away with a $1k-$2k. Really not worth potentially spending the rest of your life in jail over..
    Whatever happened to those exploding dye packs that some places are supposed to have?

[[Mel) "Count Da Money!"

[[Flatly) "It's Dee-mo-nay..."