Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Chuck_MI Guest

Yep. A man died while trying to rob a store. The fact that he might die in the commission of this crime probably did not enter his mind. Maybe it will be considered as a possibility in the future to the next generation of robbers. You may not survive your crime. You may be dead as a doornail at the end of the night. Of course, that presumes that these low-lifes know something about death. Doubt it.

Makes me think of something. Involves a bitch and karma.

who needs a CCW?? see...... any law abiding citizen unable to legally obtain a right to carry permit can simply disarm and subdue any would be attacker..... so what if only the criminals are armed in our society!!!!

Moral of the story: The owner may be a candyass from Romulus, but the customers might be from Highland Park!

Kudos to the customer. Shoot these f____g criminals.

I used to work in the Metroplex Industrial Park across Ecorse from the Super Y back in '85-'86 and cashed my check there often.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    Yep. A man died while trying to rob a store. The fact that he might die in the commission of this crime probably did not enter his mind. Maybe it will be considered as a possibility in the future to the next generation of robbers. You may not survive your crime. You may be dead as a doornail at the end of the night. Of course, that presumes that these low-lifes know something about death. Doubt it.
    You mean all convenience store robbers in the past never considered the possibility that a store clerk or owner might possess a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    You mean all convenience store robbers in the past never considered the possibility that a store clerk or owner might possess a gun?
    They all got weapons, but the robber has the jump on them. Ever had a gun stuck in your face? Trust me - you won't be thinking about playing quick draw.

The kicker is that the accomplices can be charged with Felony Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    They all got weapons, but the robber has the jump on them. Ever had a gun stuck in your face? Trust me - you won't be thinking about playing quick draw.
    The robber can't keep a gun in your face and flee the scene at the same time.

I mean they can point it at you up until they turn around and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The kicker is that the accomplices can be charged with Felony Murder.
    Good! Two more dirtbags less!

Well, I've never robbed a party store so I don't know the answer to that one. I would imagine they lock up the cashier or tie up the clerk or something. I don't think the guy doing the robbery just says goodbye, turns around and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    yeah, thats why some of these scums decide that shooting the guy is a better option....

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    Uh yeah, but at some point they would have to turn and run. I mean theoretically they could run backwards, but that wouldn't be very effective. So when the robber turns to run he or she runs the risk of being shot in the back if the store clerk is armed. And it's not exactly a stretch of the imagination that a store clerk would be armed.

My point is that it's pretty fucking silly to think that would be robbers would have a sudden epiphany that now they might get shot because of this episode. As if this was some sudden unexpected workplace hazard that had not existed in the past. They already knew that they might get shot! Store robbers have been shot before.

if you shoot a robber in the back...guess whos going to jail...

How does a man without arms grab a gun? It takes a dirty rotton sort of criminal to shoot some guy that has no arms!

My point is that it's pretty fucking silly to think that would be robbers would have a sudden epiphany that now they might get shot because of this episode. As if this was some sudden unexpected workplace hazard that had not existed in the past. They already knew that they might get shot! Store robbers have been shot before.
    Yeah, you're probably right. Criminal types will continue to see party stores as prey. Let's hope the scumbags keep getting shot, though. Thin out the herd, so to speak.

He deserves a key to the city!