Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Gnome has a new dog and it needs a name.

I met Gnomes new puppy at the parade. Total sweetie. Reminded me of a family dog we had named Burpee, named after the Burpee seed company.

Gnome hasnt named uuuh ,, it yet. Sorry Gnome, I forgot if it was male or female.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Django; May-03-10 at 03:39 AM.

oh, cute....Scrappy

Sir Vernor

Reggae? Looks like he/she is wearing Dreds.

How Cute! Along the same lines as Gaze...how 'bout Marley [[ as in Bob )? Had some neighbors whose dog was named J.D. [[ for "just dog" )..always liked that one [[ for a male of course ).

Ooooh! Sir Vernor, I like that.

Gnome, are you soliciting names? Or did Django just want to try?

LodgeDodger Guest

Is that a poodle/portie mix?

How about Angus?

SHE is a portugese water dog...like President Obama's dog. She is terrific! We had a great time with her at the parade yesterday. Need some more lady-like names :-)

Mr. Muddy Paws.

Mop or Miss Mop if you want to get technical

How about Cleo, after Pinoccio's goldfish? Water............goldfish!?

Thanx for the thread, Django. Yes, we are auditioning names for the little girl.

We picked her up at the pound and were told she was a stray and her estimated age is 9 months to a year. As Blueidone said, she is a portugese water dog, but avoids puddles so we'll have to see about her swimming skills once the weather turns warm. We've already cut 7 pounds of matted hair from her body, seems she didn't have any care prior to being picked up by the dog catcher. She has a touch of Kennel Kough and therefore can't be taken to a groomer for a couple of weeks, so until then I'll be playing Floyd the DogBarber.

As Django said we are trying to find a name that reflects her personality instead of assigning her a name. LD, we've auditioned "Angus/Angie" but Mrs. Gnome's father and grandfather were both named Angus and that might cause problems for her family. Sumas, Vernor has been introduced and is one of my favs, but the bride doesn't feel it. D.B. the whole Rasta thing has been discussed but nothing has been decided.

One name that comes to mind is "Matty" due to her mat problem. The downside of that is we'd hate to invoke the name of Mr. Maroun several times a day. Another name is Quiggley, which we've been told is Irish slang for "unruly hair". More research is required. Another name is Lola, after the film "Run Lola Run" and the dog's animated manner of running.

But nothing has stuck yet.

Please keep the names coming. All suggestions are welcome

Oh, we were trying to get something that would compliment the name of our cat Edward....who I might add is not to pleased with recent developments.

Change never comes easy.

Prince Edward's of Englands wife's name is Sohpie.........Edward and Sophie? A match made in heaven? [[ I have 4 cats, and I know there is not a one of them that would welcome a dog ! )

Strohs?
    Kressge?
    Edsel?
    Sanders?
    Kalvin [[ator?)
    Philco??
    Bing!

LodgeDodger Guest

Well now, since she's a portie, I'd suggest the name, "Minnow".

Patty/Paddy [[after the parade)
    Gem [[theatre)
    Olympia
    Chandler
    Atheneum
    Bookie
    Belle [[Isle)

I vote for Sophie!

Sofia, is the Porteguese version of Sophie. It means "wisdom", if that helps.

Edward and Furlong

I'll throw three names into the hat: Morgana, Minerva or Kalliope [[kalli) for short. Will there be a naming ceremony???

Lady Matilda

Look at that hair! How about Medusa? I think it means "to protect" or "protectress" or something like that.

Any of the names from the Harry Potter series, include the evil ones names too for consideration. Bellatrix had jet black hair. The breed has a familiar look, they are smart and can be tricky devils.

I do know what you mean about naming for personality traits. We have a friend with the biggest, prettiest, sweetest doberman I have ever seen. His name is Pepper but everyone calls him brat. He eats and chews everything not nailed down, hats, gloves, purses etc. He has trained us, anything chewable goes on top of the fridge the minute when we walk in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Please keep the names coming. All suggestions are welcome

Oh, we were trying to get something that would compliment the name of our cat Edward....who I might add is not to pleased with recent developments.

Change never comes easy.
    Maybe name her "Bitch"? Think how you'll be maintaining the authenticity when you call for her -- "Yo, Bitch!"

The cat might enjoy that as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast