Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Buy American Guest

Default Justice depending on zip code?

Mildred Gaddis on Let It Rip

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...rch-11%2C-2010

Why doesn't she just tell it like it is....don't use code words to say what you want to say. She is saying that if you're black you get heftier sentences, if you're white, you get probation. What she and the others on the program didn't address is the fact that the players in this Detroit crime syndicate are 99% black and most of the blacks did not cooperate with the Feds. The white players did cooperate and named names, gave dates, and otherwise enabled the Feds to make a case. The blacks have the "I am not a snitch" attitude and therefore, got time. It isn't a matter of where you live and I resent the implication. I am getting sick of everyone walking on eggshells on this site as well as the media.
    The players in this entire matter that I see getting special treatment are thug KK and Conyers and others that haven't even been named yet.
    Mildred, look at the people involved in this corruption case and then take a look at their lawyers......what does that tell you?
    I don't consider myself a racist at all, but when I hear everyone else throwing the race card out there at every turn it makes my blood boil. You are what you are....a criminal....take the punishment you deserve.

Mildred, like just about everyone else, has an agenda.
    She also has a radio audience she needs to keep listening. I take that all in with a grain [[salt shaker) of salt when I hear those types of comments.

Mildred, like many others have an interesting definition of "Justice". I take mine from Webster's dictonary.

Mildred Gaddis is a race baiter. But I have to give it to her. She is still going even though she is clearly the kiss of death to local politicos. Hendrix, Bennett etc... And when she aligned with MC, the Council President..LMAO..she hit the drain. Keep it up baby, you will have the place cleaned up quicker than the Feds.

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    Mildred Gaddis is a race baiter. But I have to give it to her. She is still going even though she is clearly the kiss of death to local politicos. Hendrix, Bennett etc... And when she aligned with MC, the Council President..LMAO..she hit the drain. Keep it up baby, you will have the place cleaned up quicker than the Feds.
    Brilliant analysis. I wish her continued suckcess.

I can allow this blathering twat the assumption of justice by zip code. Just as long as she correlates it with crime by zip code.

Carman does have a pretty good analysis although I don't think that Ms. Gaddis is racist or a race baiter.

Yes, Ms. Gaddis did swing and miss on the "justice" issue on Let it Rip. If that is the kind of pitch she wants to hit, she should look in the direction of Jeff Gerritt's op-eds regarding sentencing disparities for some pointers. There has been nothing untoward or unfair about the recent corruption sentencings. [[Mr. Kado's sentence of probation is somewhat remarkable but the reason for it is that he has almost certainly delivered credible, corroborated evidence against Kwame Kilpatrick and his father. And, he cooperated as soon as the feds targeted him.)

In past years, after hitting for both average and power as an early and spot-on critic of the Kilpatrick administration, Ms. Gaddis was on a very positive career trajectory. She was becoming perhaps the most credible, forceful and influential African-American opinion maker in the state. Ms. Gaddis seemed to have a rare ability to objectively and constructively address race issues. More recently though she has faltered badly as a result of her uncritical association with Sam Riddle. And she also struck out repeatedly in 2009 with her inexplicable support of Monica Conyers' opposition to the regionalization of Cobo Center. Has Ms. Gaddis ever acknowledged how corrupt and toxic Ms. Conyers' has been for this region? The whiff the other day on LIR just continued her slump.