Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fort Shelby Apartments host launch party

A couple days old now, but still an interesting read:

http://americajr.com/news/fortshelby...party0417.html

That website is hilarious. "Detroit's #1 Website." LMAO. Along with an obsessive description of the catered food available at the launch party, they have a picture of a table with coffee dispensers on it with the enlightening caption: "Coffee was provided to attendees," a picture of a guy pouring coffee with the caption, you guessed it: "An attendee pours some coffee," along with several other shots of catered food on tables and people looking bored at a fashion show. I guess fancifully-displayed free food is way more exciting to this person than the freakin apartment units.

Quote Originally Posted by g-dub View Post
    That website is hilarious. "Detroit's #1 Website." LMAO. Along with an obsessive description of the catered food available at the launch party, they have a picture of a table with coffee dispensers on it with the enlightening caption: "Coffee was provided to attendees," a picture of a guy pouring coffee with the caption, you guessed it: "An attendee pours some coffee," along with several other shots of catered food on tables and people looking bored at a fashion show. I guess fancifully-displayed free food is way more exciting to this person than the freakin apartment units.
    Love the copyright on the photos. Damn! Guess I can't steal the photo of the bread pudding now. haha

I just don't get who among us wants to pay 1600 and up for an apartment... when you can now get a place at riverfront towers for 60k... uh... that's just math [[that I'm looking into right now)...

Why is the coffee Starbucks? Isn't there a Bearclaw coffee place in the building?

I was there Thursday. They didn't show any pictures of the actual apartments, but they are pretty sweet. And very big, for apartments.

The real question is how much they want for say the smallest/smaller unit. I'd love to live there - I stayed in the hotel part on a stay-cation, and let me tell you, quite nice. Was very impressed. Although, living around the corner from the Anchor Bar would be a dangerous proposition for my liver.

The suite was huge, you coulda lived in it save for the lack of kitchen. Only bummers were the lack of real cable - it seemed to have the news channels + over the air digital and inability to rent movies. Other than that, sweet, great art, lots of very nice touches.

But you can tell it is an older building in little ways, not bad ways - the hallways are narrower than in many hotels I've stayed in, for instance. The elevators are a little smaller. The hotel is pet friendly, so I'm guessing the apartments are [[at least according to the website).