Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Kilpatrick trial live on freep.com this AM

9.25 am. There is a live feed of the court in session.
    Last edited by canuck; March-11-10 at 09:27 AM. Reason: error

So, I work downtown and was walking to fishbones for lunch and waddya know, I see Kwame getting out of a car in front of the atheneum hotel. I guess he can afford to say there rather than at the day's inn but he is broke huh?

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    So, I work downtown and was walking to fishbones for lunch and waddya know, I see Kwame getting out of a car in front of the atheneum hotel. I guess he can afford to say there rather than at the day's inn but he is broke huh?
    I'm sure his lodging was a gift ... er, I mean loan ... from some disinterested party.

C'mon people. Of course Kwame has enough money to live lavishly, whether on the road or not. It's your money too.

Getting quite tired of the surprise from people who can't seem to comprehend the fact that Kwame ACTUALLY has more money than he leads on to believe. Yawn.

I will only be surprised if the judge is the only one not to realize it AND do something about it.

Why wouldn't he stay for free at his mother's house?

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Getting quite tired of the surprise from people who can't seem to comprehend the fact that Kwame ACTUALLY has more money than he leads on to believe. Yawn.
    Everybody knows that he has money, they're just being facetious.

I heard Kwame is hiring a new Chinese law firm Whang -Chung to launder his accounts before the next hearing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    C'mon people. Of course Kwame has enough money to live lavishly
    Exactly. So why doesn't this moron just pay his restitution and get this over with? If I just received my paycheck and have a mailbox full of overdue bills to pay and a mortgage payment that is due, guess what? I'm going to pay my mortgage. Not only can the mortgage company do to me anything the other bill collectors can do, the mortgage company has the added advantage of completely wrecking my credit and making me homeless. Some things just take presidence. He should just pay his restitution so he can get on with his life and avoid the chance of ending up back in jail. Put all that other nonsense on hold for a minute. It'll be there later.

Ah, but if he ever had that much good sense we wouldn't even be here discussing this at all.

I guess this was the security indecent that delayed KK's hearing with Groner for 15 minutes today.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010031...ave-gun-to-son

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Exactly. So why doesn't this moron just pay his restitution and get this over with?
    He's trying to figure out how to launder the money first. Based on his salary as mayor and his current salary, the math doesn't add up and he knows that. If he suddenly shows up with all this money, the feds and the IRS will want to know where it came from -- which is probably why he tried to have his family purchase all those money orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    He's trying to figure out how to launder the money first. Based on his salary as mayor and his current salary, the math doesn't add up and he knows that. If he suddenly shows up with all this money, the feds and the IRS will want to know where it came from -- which is probably why he tried to have his family purchase all those money orders.
    Understood. Nevertheless, he should just play low key. Get rid of some of the perks and make sure he can pay the minimum while he figures out how to launder the rest of the money. It's not like the feds are being fooled by his antics. Look, you just broke it down. He's not fooling anyone. He's just digging a bigger ditch for himself to be buried in.

Get rid of some of the perks and make sure he can pay the minimum...
    Exactly!! It seems so obvious, but his greed and entitlement get in the way. His new PR guy Mike Paul was quoted in the Free Press today:

"He's putting every dime toward the repayment,” Paul said. He added that the large home in the upscale suburb of Southlake “he's renting, he's not owning."

But who the hell rents a house for $6,000 a month when they have this kind of debt? His family of five could easily live quite comfortably in a modest home for $1,000 a month, and presto, there is an extra $60,000 a year to be put toward the restitution. But his big, fat ego won't allow that. Before he was mayor, he and his wife had a house that cost $65,000. It seems so logical but his arrogance won't allow him to live a middle class life -- it's below him.

Looks like ultimately he is going back to jail as the $200+K payment is due end of this month..... what will be his "damage control" on that? Another fund raiser? Less people will be willing to put their names or addresses to those money orders seeing as how the media will show up to their houses questioning the gifts..... on to jail KK...........
    Understood. Nevertheless, he should just play low key. Get rid of some of the perks and make sure he can pay the minimum while he figures out how to launder the rest of the money. It's not like the feds are being fooled by his antics. Look, you just broke it down. He's not fooling anyone. He's just digging a bigger ditch for himself to be buried in.

one word: NARCISSISM...

when people grow up with an entitlement attitude and believe they are some super bad-ass, and then somehow ride the coat tails of other prominent [[not necessarily GOOD) politicians, they become disillusioned as to their actual status in life...

he is a punk. he was a punk before he became 'da mayor' and he'll ALWAYS be a punk...

Amen, Ltdave, Amen.