Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Rashida Tlaib's Father: She didn't live in the city.

While I'm probably not her biggest fan, I do hope that things can be patched up with her father. Parent/Child anomisity has the ability to eat away at people a bit faster than other kinds of animosity.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...t-live-in-city

You must wonder, though, about her father's motives since he declared in the article he had an ulterior motive for slamming her reputation: revenge. He says she sided against him in a custody battle, and he admitted he has sour grapes about it.

It's quite possible she sided with the nephew instead of her father in the custody dispute precisely because he is *ahem* unstable.

This doesn't smell right. I have confidence that Rashida Tlaib will get through this just fine, especially with her reputation of integrity.

As long as she improves the lives of her constituents, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    You must wonder, though, about her father's motives since he declared in the article he had an ulterior motive for slamming her reputation: revenge. He says she sided against him in a custody battle, and he admitted he has sour grapes about it.

It's quite possible she sided with the nephew instead of her father in the custody dispute precisely because he is *ahem* unstable.

This doesn't smell right. I have confidence that Rashida Tlaib will get through this just fine, especially with her reputation of integrity.
    She's more than popular in her district, so she won't have any problems at the poll this year. If she had paperwork that states that she was a resident when she ran, which appears to be the case, I doubt if there will be any serious challenges about it. I've never been a big fan of carpet bagging, but she did work for Tobocman prior to running which made her pretty familiar in that area.

Besides, with it being Block Grant time, I'm sure that City Council will hook Kathy Wendler and crew up with enough money to watch her back if its needed.

I have been close friends with Rep Tlaib for the past 15 years of my life I can honestly say that Rep. Tlaib lived in the house on Rathbone. She is an amazing State Rep and it is quite unfortunate her father is bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanoutdoors View Post
    I have been close friends with Rep Tlaib for the past 15 years of my life I can honestly say that Rep. Tlaib lived in the house on Rathbone. She is an amazing State Rep and it is quite unfortunate her father is bitter.
    You live in Dearborn too? Just kidding.

I want to clarify my position: I do not support carpet-bagging. I think one should [[and legally, has to) live in the district one represents. Just because someone serves their constituents well doesn't mean they get a free pass at breaking the law. There are good reasons those laws exist.

I am saying I believe Tlaib, and I have no valid reason to believe otherwise. And I think others will, too, given her track record. So until I get better evidence, I'm not believing his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    I want to clarify my position: I do not support carpet-bagging. I think one should [[and legally, has to) live in the district one represents. Just because someone serves their constituents well doesn't mean they get a free pass at breaking the law. There are good reasons those laws exist.

I am saying I believe Tlaib, and I have no valid reason to believe otherwise. And I think others will, too, given her track record. So until I get better evidence, I'm not believing his claim.
    I hope you aren't clarifying your position due to my response. I certainly didn't get the impression that you supported carpet bagging. I'm with you. He appears to have an axe to grind. Let's pray that they're able to work it out.

It was a combination of your post and Mipade's. No worries, I didn't feel like you were directly putting words in my mouth which is why I just said, "clarifying my position." Carry on

I was just thinking to myself, how odd it was that her father said this only *recently* came to his attention that she claimed to live in that particular place, which is why he didn't bringing this up earlier. Which forces me to wonder: who is the person that recently "brought this to his attention"?

Moroun? He paid off people on the La Sed Board to get that organization to side with him against the public bridge. He got that weasal Sheffield to come on his side.

See how those political consultants come up with the goods?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Moroun? He paid off people on the La Sed Board to get that organization to side with him against the public bridge. He got that weasal Sheffield to come on his side.
    I thought I read that he was going to say something sooner, but, one of her brothers told him not to.

According to the Detroit News article, "...he now says she did not live there and he was only recently made aware that she had claimed so."

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    I'm with you. He appears to have an axe to grind. Let's pray that they're able to work it out.
    Her dad's not the only one with an axe to grind, eh kraig?

This is such a non-story, hardly worth discussing. The article essentially acknowledges by the end that Tlaib's father has some sort of grudge, and that other members of the family back her up on her residency claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Melocoton View Post
    Her dad's not the only one with an axe to grind, eh kraig?

This is such a non-story, hardly worth discussing. The article essentially acknowledges by the end that Tlaib's father has some sort of grudge, and that other members of the family back her up on her residency claims.
    I pretty much post anything that has to do with my side of town [[Mexicantown, Corktown, Delray) along with anyting else that I find interesting. If it's enough to make it to the paper, it's enough for me. If it's beneath your notice, do yourself a favor, don't notice it. Posting a comment is your choice.

I am shocked that this story was even printed, the facts of the story were never researched. FYI, he doesn't even live in this home. Rashida works hard for her community and its embarrassing that he would go this low!

Bullet Guest

Quote from Mipade:
    "As long as she improves the lives of her constituents, who cares?" Yeah, what the hell! Why should we go along with any stupid rules or law as long as the ends justify the means: My dad and I share the same name, so I plan to keep on signing his SS checks after he passes away so I can give some to charity.

...and you got your facts from where, lulu...?

To Bullet: I am one of Harbi Elabed's 14 children, thats where I get my facts from! And really just google the guys name and see what his address comes up as, got a hint for you, not even in Wayne County! He lied because he is pissed off that Rashida did not side with him over our grandmother's custody battle. The guy is vindictive, end of story.

I second that lulu, as another one of my father's offspring. Rashida definitely lived in Detroit before she began running for State Rep., my father lied, the guy is so crazy half the time he thinks he is Italian, lol. If the guy who wrote this story was actually a good journalist he would have researched his facts before letting it print and making an ass out of himself. Yea Charlie LeDuff we are laughing in your face from taking info from a crazy man and printing as fact.