Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Cheap Rentals

Default Cheap Rentals

I need help finding a cheap apartment or house to rent in the city of Detroit. I am moving back to Detroit after a couple years in the suburbs. I would like to find somewhere safe, close to Wayne State because I am a Wayne State Graduate student. I also work in the cass corridor, so even somewhere like Southwest Detroit or Corktown would work. I want something very cheap, like under $400. Thanks to all who can help me. Bob

Is the South End still around? They used to have all sorts of rentals advertised in this area.

Hamtramck is pretty cheap. I've seen lots of FOR RENT signs around town, anyway. I have a nice place and pay not much more than that.

Detroitbob, you're going to have a hard time finding anything in the WSU area for less than $400. Believe me, I've been looking for a year.

I've found a few decent studio apartments in the $400-$500 range. I can sort through my emails and try to get you some phone numbers if you're interested in studios.

Beyond that, Craigslist is your friend.

Look on the outskirts of Hamtramck, the northwest and southeast corners. $400 is not hard to find here.

Hamtown is a ten minute bike ride from campus.

Try Randy's place, 484 Brainard

810 599 6214

I think he has studios around 395[[heat included)

Quote Originally Posted by Novack View Post
    Try Randy's place, 484 Brainard
    You know that fella?

Please, tell him to stop posting that property on craigslist three times daily! Very annoying.