Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default MSU Spartans shares Big Ten Championship

The Michigan State Spartans NCAA Men's Basketball Team will share the Big Ten Championship with Perdue and Ohio State after the crush U of M Wolverines.

GO STATE "S" GO GREEN, GO SPARTANS.

The will now race for the NCAA Championship.

MSU Spartan will become 2010 NCAA National Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Michigan State Spartans NCAA Men's Basketball Team will share the Big Ten Championship with Perdue and Ohio State after the crush U of M Wolverines.

GO STATE "S" GO GREEN, GO SPARTANS.

The will now race for the NCAA Championship.

MSU Spartan will become 2010 NCAA National Champions.
    Whoa ! Danny, I'm glad they won a share of the Big Ten, but I don't see them winning the big ten tournament must less the NCAA tournament

Well, we are in the Sweet 16..................................

Yes, they played a gutsy game, the sad thing is as that bracket was showing some real promise with KU gone. MSU is hurting real bad at the guard position and I can't see them making it past the elite eight as a result

If Summers, Morgan & Green continue to play as they have been the last couple of games, who knows? OSU or Tenn could have a down day

Elite 8. Hello Vols.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Yes, they played a gutsy game, the sad thing is as that bracket was showing some real promise with KU gone. MSU is hurting real bad at the guard position and I can't see them making it past the elite eight as a result

I gotta eat crow on this one. They look like the MSU team we all know and love. And actually its set up real nice for them to go to the finals. Even though beating Butler will be tough at home I think they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    Elite 8. Hello Vols.
    Hello Final Four... again. Bring on Butler!

Sparty hardy!

Good to see that there are a couple of other folks on here who give a damn about a team this whole state should be proud of.

I gotta eat crow on this one. They look like the MSU team we all know and love. And actually its set up real nice for them to go to the finals. Even though beating Butler will be tough at home I think they can do it.
    Someone mentioned to me yesterday that Michigan State has a HUGE mental advantage over the other teams going into the Final Four. None of the teams have ever been here before. Even a storied program like Duke hasn't been to a Final Four in something like 5 years. The kids on those teams are going to just be happy to be there to a certain extent. Michigan State will have a very businesslike, "been there, done that" attitude that will help them focus. It isn't much, but when each team coming in clearly has a flaw, that intangible might be just enough to mean that MSU is cutting down another net a week from tonight.

In regards to Butler, I think their style of play will help MSU as well. Butler sort of a grind it out, play tough defense kind of team. That's what MSU faced EVERY NIGHT in the Big Ten. If there's a style of play that MSU is most prepared to face, that's probably the one.

Gotta believe that CBS would rather see a MSU/dook final than any of the other possible match-ups.

I bet WV is much happier now than when Beeline was the coach.

I bet WV is much happier now than when Beeline was the coach.
    Well, in B_ may not be as successful, but Bob Huggins is dirty as hell. The only reason people weren't talking about it much during this tournament is that he just beat the only guy still in it that was even MORE dirty. Huggins is a professional cheat, but John Calipari is a MASTER cheat.

Even as a Spartan grad and fan, I can respect B_ for his integrity even if he's clearly in over his head in the Big Ten.

And then there's Pearl. Folks at IL will never forgive him for his lies about their program that set them back years. They refer to him as Satan.

Thank God for Izzo.

'S' GO GREEN , GO SPARTANS!

This is there year, their decade and it is the best one in years. Congraduations to Tom Izzo for winning the 6th NCAA Final Four Championship and the second time in a year.

U of M Wolverines suck! So much for Amaze n blue. Their program sucks.

Bring that NCAA National Championship Trophy home to East Lansing where it belongs.

Tough loss for the Spartans, Fouls and Turnovers did them in. The fouls because with key people either hurt or not at 100% Izzo had to make huge adjustments to his player rotations when the fouls started building up. I believe that led to large periods of time when they just weren't scoring the basketball. And of course Butler for the most part took advantage of that.

At some point I also knew that some team was going to make the Spartans pay for Lucas being injured. I didn't think it would be Butler, but they did make MSU pay big time for Lucas being out. Neither Lucious or Allen really take care of the ball. The bad entry passes into the post and the shaky dribbling finally did MSU in.

I thought they fought the good fight they just fell a little short.

Looking at their incoming class for next year along with the returning players, I wouldn't be a bit surprise if they ended up in the final four next year

It's all GREEN'S fault. He should have pass the ball to his players instead of trying his luck of pushing two or three Butler players into the paint. He should have known that there's a tall white guy ready to bump him off.

It's all about the fundamentals, not being the BALL HOG!