Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Revealing residents names and ADDRESSES?

I'm not a Kilpatrick supporter - he needs to pay his restitution per what he agreed to in lieu of being in violation of the said probation. However, I bristled to see Channel 4's door-to-door coverage, street identification, address number camera panning of those who wrote money orders/ checks towards his recent payment.

Many of the home dwellers ignored the door, however, one man and his family members came out on their porch and spoke out in complaint that his home was being identified on broadcast last night. That interview is absent from the web link video.

Names, AND street addresses? And a full photos of homes?

The argument is that this public record, but the home address too? Why was Channel 4 the only station to do this?

Of course they went to Carolyn Kilpatrick's "office" but that is a public building....

I am sure any future contributors will be sure to use a bogus address as some did per the report...

Headline and subhead of news report:

Supporters' Names On Money Trail

Local 4's Jim Kiertzner takes a closer look at the names listed in former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick's money order trail.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-09-10 at 06:28 AM.

I have no problem with holding anyone responsible for contributing to a criminal enterprise.

Yep, that must be the argument, and some had the head winds of that and used "fake" addresses which were also posted and shown on the news report. As for me, I am not contributing a dime... KK, should have just paid his monthly amount and went on about his way, with a job many would wish to have with a felony case... but that is not his who he is. His actions are consistent with what lead up to his case......
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I have no problem with holding anyone responsible for contributing to a criminal enterprise.