Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kwame's flashy new mouthpiece...

http://detnews.com/article/20100308/METRO01/3080391

No, by flashy new mouthpiece, I don't mean he had a custom diamond-encrusted grill made. I'm referring to his new, expensive PR spin doctor. This guy isn't cheap, so is he doing this pro-bono?

Otherwise, this raises another issue of "Your honor, I'm SOOOOOO broke right now, but I need to pay my mansion rent, pedicurist and my new PR guy before my restitution". And the spin he has been spinning sounds an awful lot like his previous mouthpiece by a different name, taking the most cliche of shots.

Just sayin'. This is another insult to the judge's [[and public's) intelligence.

Crisis Management, I only wonder what's the big crisis now. And Kwame probably can't sleep because he's thinking up his next moronic move. Like the money order scam, Or the court of appeals motion. OMG this is just an incredible joke. And really none of this would be happening if he would have followed the plea agreement.

This one made me smile.

"This wouldn't be happening if he was a man who worked on the line at GM," Schwartz said.

He got that right. Here is what would happen if he worked on the line and was convicted.

Judge to convicted auto worker, "90 days or $900."
    Autoworker, "But judge I only have $300."
    Judge, "Lock him up for 90 days. Case closed."

This wouldn't be happening if he was a man who worked on the line at GM," Schwartz said. "This is happening because he was once mayor of Detroit. It is unfair, and it is improper."
    Lowell, I also caught that statement and was dumbfounded. And YES this is happening because he was once mayor. He commited crimes while an elected public official. It certainly isn't unfair nor improper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    This one made me smile.

"This wouldn't be happening if he was a man who worked on the line at GM," Schwartz said.

He got that right. Here is what would happen if he worked on the line and was convicted.

Judge to convicted auto worker, "90 days or $900."
    Autoworker, "But judge I only have $300."
    Judge, "Lock him up for 90 days. Case closed."
    Thank you!

Kilpatrick's new spokesman, Mike Paul, who works out of a New York firm, told Local 4 by phone Monday the strong message he wants to send."A message to both the prosecutor and the judge, it's a two way street now. We understand that you're up for re-election, we wish you well with that, but you're not going to do so on the back of a man who has already paid his debt," Paul said.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22774417/detail.html

Jaysus, these PR hacks are really the bottom of the barrel.

"A message to both the prosecutor and the judge, it's a two way street now. We understand that you're up for re-election, we wish you well with that, but you're not going to do so on the back of a man who has already paid his debt," Paul said.
    Already paid his debt? This whole thing is entirely about him NOT repaying his debt.

I don't know how it's possible, but the level of stupidity in this whole thing has risen to a new level.

Kwame is like a vampire that won't die. He keeps sucking the life and vitality out of the city with all these hi-jinks.
    Until a judge puts a stake through his financial life line, this stuff will continue. This is a joke that has gotten stale.

Well consistent to the "Vampire" reference as I recall in the horror flicks they never go down easy... always alot of screaming, sputtering and carrying on before the end! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Kwame is like a vampire that won't die. He keeps sucking the life and vitality out of the city with all these hi-jinks.
    Until a judge puts a stake through his financial life line, this stuff will continue. This is a joke that has gotten stale.

Just Amazed & Lowell, that part raised my eyebrow, too.

The fact he was our former mayor is precisely a reason to be even more outraged. A GM worker isn't in the position of power to fire 2 dedicated cops who were just doing their jobs. A GM worker isn't in a position to conduct a cover-up. A GM worker wouldn't have been flooded with gifts in multiples of $10,000 after his conviction and a plum job offer as a $120,000+ salesman who doesn't even have to close a single sale.

[[Oh, and a helpful hint to out-of-town mouthpiece: don't specifically name GM. "Autoworker" will suffice)

Hmmm... The Kilpatrick Kabal seems to have less and less juice these days, so you hire some wagging tongue to threaten the reelection chances of a judge and prosecutor? Sounds like the proper strategy to me.

Why does he need a spokesperson? He is only a salesman!

Because he's not a good salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    You have to kill the head vampire. When his momma loses her next election, KK will lose his job soon after, then lose his life of immense privilege and eventually go to jail just like any other common thug that threatens people for money.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010030...urn-himself-in

"Kilpatrick is in court with his attorneys Michael Alan Schwartz and Daniel Hajji. He has a dress shirt on with the word “mayor” stitched into the cuffs."

He needs a PR man cuz he is still the Mayor...in his mind

Quote Originally Posted by qdaddy77 View Post

"Kilpatrick is in court with his attorneys Michael Alan Schwartz and Daniel Hajji. He has a dress shirt on with the word “mayor” stitched into the cuffs."

If we take his PR guy at his word, KK should have the work "Former" added to his cuffs.

Here is his twitter feed http://twitter.com/reputationdr

Twit, twitter. It seems to fit

Buy American Guest

This PR guy is going to really piss off Judge Groner. By the time thug KK gets to court I would hope that Judge Groner grows a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    Already paid his debt? This whole thing is entirely about him NOT repaying his debt.

I don't know how it's possible, but the level of stupidity in this whole thing has risen to a new level.
    That's what I thought when he was elected for his second term.

Hey, I like this guy! He's got as big a mouth as that early guy from Alabama. I hope Kwame keps him through his Federal trial so he can piss off the judge and prosecutor and make sure Kwame gets sent away for a long time, lol!

He must have fired the skinny nervous-looking woman with the long straight hair from Washington, the one who was "managing his image" shortly before he landed in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by qdaddy77 View Post

Before I saw that KK had "mayor" on his shirt, I suspected this courtroom dog-and-pony show was to keep his name "out there" for a possible political run once the ban is lifted in a few years.

Now I'm convinced of it.

Why else would he wear that shirt to court? He's thumbing his nose at the process because he knows there's a group of people out there who love that kind of stuff.

"Yall's boy" indeed.

I felt like hassling Kwame’s PR hack Mike Paul on his Twitter feed http://twitter.com/reputationdr Tuesday about the shirt. His brief response was “Old Shirt.” Wow! I guess he truly is trying to pinch his pennies.
    Last edited by leland_palmer; March-11-10 at 10:11 AM.