Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Monica Conyers sentencing thread

Last I read, her sentencing was scheduled for this Wednesday, March 10th.

Is it still on for that date?

Anyone have any comments or predictions ahead of her sentencing?

I predict she will get the full five years. In federal prison, will she be in general population?

Probation only, will be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Probation only, will be it.
    You are correct, she will get probation [[which she will promptly violate) with community service [[which she will never do). Of course, nothing will happen to her - Ain't "justice" grand?

Buy American Guest

She needs to be put away for the maximum sentence the judge can give her. Why give her a pass and let her continue on her merry way to screw the public again through her husband? She is a criminal and needs to be treated like one.
    If this were you or I, where would we be right now?

Maybe they should just postpone it again. After all, she has been refreshingly quiet these past months.

I was reading on John Bennett's blog that some of the people commented believes that she will get probation. I just can't see the government giving a politician probation for accepting bribes. She took an oath to uphold her office and she didn't. She may not get five years max but she is going to have to do some time. Besides, the federal judge got a winfall of misdeeds from ex-Councilwoman Conyers during the Riddle trial that could influence his decision.

http://r8rbob.wordpress.com

I believe Monica will get at least one year custodial sentence and 3-4 years probation after that.

I think Conyers is going to get a relatively light sentence. I think the reason that it has been delayed so far is because she is giving the feds information on the corruption in the pension board. Just my gut feeling.

Yes, let's not forget she cooperated. I predict she will not be sentenced the maximum. So perhaps a very short jail stint, if not just probation.

Although it's tough to say... her husband might be working behind the scenes to get her less jail time, or just the opposite
    Last edited by REL; March-08-10 at 02:05 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    Yes, let's not forget she cooperated. I predict she will not be sentanced the maximum. So perhaps a very short jail stint, if not just probation.

Although it's tough to say... her husband might be working behind the scenes to get her less jail time, or just the opposite
    If I was married to a harpy like her, I'd be pushing for the electric chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    If I was married to a harpy like her, I'd be pushing for the electric chair.
    Sam -- no!!!

Looks like Mrs. Munster may just spend some time in the slammer, if the judge listens to these people.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010030...e-46-57-months

don't drop the soap, Monica!! Hate if for you. Well not really.

Yikes, just saw that. Wow.

The Monica story has been bumped to the national headlines here and there, but I don't remember any sustained coverage. This may be enough for an attempt to take down John Conyers, especially if they can spin the letter that he wrote. First Rangel and now Conyers. This will bring the conspiracy theorists out of the woodwork if the story grows legs nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    The Monica story has been bumped to the national headlines here and there, but I don't remember any sustained coverage. This may be enough for an attempt to take down John Conyers, especially if they can spin the letter that he wrote. First Rangel and now Conyers. This will bring the conspiracy theorists out of the woodwork if the story grows legs nationally.
    This is of great concern to me. Mr. Conyers has disconnected himself from the actions of his wife and now she may be his political suicide.
    When is the first fight/beat down? Any wagers?

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    You also have to include David Paterson, the Governor of New York, with the other legislators since he is from the same power base as Rep. Rangel, Harlem.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34018.html
    Last edited by eno; March-08-10 at 04:39 PM.

Federal prosecutors have recommended that Conyear should at least get 46-57 months in jail,

Quote Originally Posted by sg9018 View Post
    Federal prosecutors have recommended that Conyear should at least get 46-57 months in jail,

Her attorney will argue for no prison time. Of course he will, but based on what, her great contributions to society? LOL
    Last edited by Just Amazed; March-08-10 at 10:25 PM. Reason: sentence correction

Quote Originally Posted by Just Amazed View Post
    Her attorney will argue for no prison time. Of course he will, but based on what, her great contributions to society? LOL
    Now that really puts her in an awkward position.

John will be packing her bags.

Happy Monica Conyers sentencing day to everyone!!!

Good riddance to MonCon! She is like Lonnie the crook, going to jail. Her political career is over!

give her the chair... oh, wait, we don't have the chair... but in all seriousness, anything less than 50 months in prison will be a slap on the wrists... she, like kwame, lived above the law for too long, and at the expense of citizens and businesses in the city... conyers and her peers, eg riddle, kwame and others, have set the city back by decades... in my mind, the maximum sentence really isn't anything compared to the time it will take the city to recover from all of this...

throw the book at her [[and kwame) already.

Just like a cockroach she will fade from view for a while and then resurface and start her political career all over again. I doubt she will do anything besides community service, a fine and house arrest. Give her time, between her husband, her lawyers and other politicians she will become a " victim". The same crap is playing out with KK.

Corrupt politicians are like child abusers. They can NEVER be reformed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast