Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Cadillac Tower Building

I used to work in the Cadillac Tower Building in the early 1970s and I remember that elevator operators were working in the building at that time. How long did they operate the elevators there?

My draft board was also located in that building, what years were the draft boards located there? Also when was the luggage store located in the lobby of the Cadillac Tower?

Does the building have many tenants at this time?

I believe the State of Michigan is currently one of the primary tenants of the building, if not the biggest tenant.

The Detroit offices of the Michigan Supreme Court, Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Attorney General all operate out of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    I believe the State of Michigan is currently one of the primary tenants of the building, if not the biggest tenant.

The Detroit offices of the Michigan Supreme Court, Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Attorney General all operate out of the building.
    I think you're confusing this with Cadillac Place. Cadillac tower is mostly City offices.

Cadillac Place = old GM HQ on the Boulevard.

I really like the smaller version of the Cadillac Tower that was located on the now vacant Monroe Block. Just imagine how dramatically different the area would look if that building was still there. I loved the Barry Sanders and Steve Yzerman murals, but I would take that building back in a heartbeat.

The city of Detroit has offices on several floors of the Cadillac Tower at the moment too. All the elevators are speedy Westinghouses, now. I think the Fox is the only place in the city that still has hand operated elevator that's used on a regular basis.