Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ron Banks of the Dramatics Dead

I don't have anymore info at this time but family sources have confirmed it to me.

Rest in Peace, Ron.

Oh man, that's some truly sad news.

I loved the Dramatics. RIP

sad news, R.I.P.

The Dramatics version of Me and Mrs. Jones still sends chills thru me.

RIP Ron Banks, Drama 5 released in 1975 was my favorite album. ^^ I second that Ham, they're version was better than Billy Paul's and he wrote it.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; March-05-10 at 04:59 AM.

Loved these guys and Banko was a truly nice guy. I worked with them on a remix in the late 80's. When I worked for the Queen, we had sponsored a concert of theirs at the Ford, and Banko and the guys tried to teach me how to step. You will be missed, Banko!

Per Foodi [[WMXD Mix 92.3), for those who are interested, the Funeral will be held at Greater Grace Temple [[7 Mile & Telegraph) Saturday, March 13th at 11 AM.

He was also saying something else would be happening at Swanson Funeral Home beforehand [[most likely the viewing of the body). I'm not sure which branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    The Dramatics version of Me and Mrs. Jones still sends chills thru me.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Ronald Banks was a gentleman, a star and a truly great vocalist. He's gone long before his time.

This is a bummer, I think just about all the originals from the Dramatics are gone now.
    I always thought it was interesting they were with Stax instead of Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    This is a bummer, I think just about all the originals from the Dramatics are gone now.
    I always thought it was interesting they were with Stax instead of Motown.
    So many of Detroit's great talents were never on Motown.