Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Granholm won't be short of job options.

The Obama Administration should do itself a favor and steer clear of Granholm. Eventually, a lot of the dirt that's been done by the Kilpatrick's, Blackwell, Cox and the rest of the McNamara crew will land at her doorstep.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...of-job-options

So what you're saying is Granholm is letting a bunch of people out of prison, and slipping out MI's side door?

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    The Obama Administration should do itself a favor and steer clear of Granholm. Eventually, a lot of the dirt that's been done by the Kilpatrick's, Blackwell, Cox and the rest of the McNamara crew will land at her doorstep.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...of-job-options
    I disagree, and your prediction is highly unlikely.

But hey, it sure feels good to take verbal shots at politicians we dislike, doesn't it?

Please, you are talking about Washington DC. There are plenty of jobs there for incompetent, unpopular non-achievers.

Quote Originally Posted by artds View Post
    I disagree, and your prediction is highly unlikely.

But hey, it sure feels good to take verbal shots at politicians we dislike, doesn't it?
    We'll talk about this after Bernard Kilpatrick is charged and his phone records are made public. The true meaning of "House of Cards" is going to play out in Michigan. I'm not saying she's going to be charged with anything. But, she's definitely going to have a stink about her that would not make her worth the grief that the Obama Administration would have to take over her appointment. Especially considering that all of this will probably play out during the next Presidential Election.

You call it a verbal shot. However, if you look at the history of the upper echelon of McNamara's crew, you'll realize that she, and her husband, are going to be mixed up in a lot of the mess that has been going on for the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    Please, you are talking about Washington DC. There are plenty of jobs there for incompetent, unpopular non-achievers.

LMFAO. Can't argue with that one. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    LMFAO. Can't argue with that one. LOL
    Dude, really this is Lent. Shouldn't LMFAO be just LMAO?

I won't miss Jennifer personally. Next election I hope to be able to vote for someone who appears to 'have a pair'. I mean that rhetorically of course.

Default Ambassador to Canada?

Hey, she WAS born there,
    Blanchard wasn't.

I believe the Obama administration is well aware of Granholm's liabilities and you won't see her get either a cabinet position or a supreme court judgeship. I think an ambassadorship to some non-critical country will be the best she can hope for.

She will either end up at Blue Cross where many former elected officials land or at the DMC with Mike Duggan. That's my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I believe the Obama administration is well aware of Granholm's liabilities and you won't see her get either a cabinet position or a supreme court judgeship. I think an ambassadorship to some non-critical country will be the best she can hope for.
    She will either end up at Blue Cross where many former elected officials land or at the DMC with Mike Duggan. That's my prediction.
    Wow, so no matter what happens, she gets a cush 6 figure, taxpayer based income with a cadillac insurance side car? A reward for pushing MI deeper into the well I suppose.

I do like the concept that she is too tainted for Obama to touch. Gives a little justice to the situation, but let's see if that really comes to fruit.

Retroit Guest

I think she would fit right in with the Obama Administration.

...along with "the Kilpatrick's, Blackwell, Cox and the rest of the McNamara crew"; they are all cut from the same cloth.

Michigan was just rejected in the "Race to the Top" for some of the educational stimilus $$. Considering Michigan's state of affairs, I guess we don't get preferential treatment and actually have to make an honest plan to qualify for fed funds, rather than throwing something together at the last minute.

She was just a pretty face who had sat in the Governor's chair. She probably wished that Hilary Clinton had won the election for president so Graholm could had been pulled out of this mess. I don't think Obama had went for it.

Jennifer Granholm has not been, in my opinion, a particularly good governor. But she is a very experienced, well-qualified, and smart lawyer, and well-connected to boot. How would she not be able to earn a lot of money after leaving office? She would have been able to earn a lot of money if she had never entered public life, or if she had left the Attorney General's office to cash in before becoming Governor.

She could probably earn a nice living just sitting on corporate boards, if that's what she wanted to do. She doesn't have any need for a job from the Administration from a financial standpoint.