Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Did you ever jump rope like this?

These 4th, 5th and 6th grade girls are amazing. If you let the video finish, it will play through to other performances. Click on the link, sit back, relax, and enjoy.

This is for all of us who can't even walk without tripping over our own feet...I know, speak for yourself Eriedearie!

oh, i can do that too

That's enough cardio to last a lifetime! Very talented group of gals.

Sure beats the ol Miss Suzy Had a Baby jumping we used to do as kids Those young ladies have some talent!

ccbatson Guest

Unbelievable...the speed, the timing and coordination. Like a bumble bee in flight, this should not be possible...but is.

Glad you guys enjoyed it! Sure made me forget the troubles of the world while watching that! Seeing all that energy and youth in action, you just know they've not been playing X-Box games after school! -

Now - Maof2 - do you mean you can jump like that...OR that you can trip over your own feet like me LOL

Now - Maof2 - do you mean you can jump like that...OR that you can trip over your own feet like me LOL[/quote]

actually, i'd probably be bruised from head to toe by whacking myself with those plastic jump ropes!

Pretty good.

But Floyd Mayweather Jr. wants ya to know 15 yr old girls aren't the only ones who can jump......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdgXgjCaus4

whoa, that's sweet as i sit on my behind in front of the computer. gotta get movin'

ccbatson Guest

"Pretty good" Doesn't do it justice....superhuman.

The timing, choreography, skill plus the endurance to pull off the performance flawlessly. It's far beyond impressive.

I couldn't jump a rope even if it was just laying on he sidewalk.

Don't laugh; some day you'll be an old fart, too.

Thanks for the link eriedearie and for the laughs Ray. That is just amazing. Not a scrap of fat on those girls. It really is a shame how much time so many of today's kids spend in front of the TV and computer. We'll see the toll that takes when they are our age.

Hopscotch was my thing as a young girl in elementary school back in the 50s-60s. I was the school champion, my only claim to fame!

Kelton - hopscotch was my deal too! No champion here...but me and my friends would play that for hours.

Floyd Mayweather is amazing! You barely see his feet come up off the floor.

ccbatson Guest

Even in youth, just jumping the old fashioned way was a challenge and accomplishment.