Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Massey Ferguson

Default Massey Ferguson

I would love to hear stories from people who worked at Massey Ferguson or the earlier Ferguson company. I belong to an email group, MasseyFerguson@yahoogroups.com that would love to hear any information that people might have about the former Massey Ferguson plant in Detroit.

jamesgpeck@yahoo.com

Default mf employee

i worked at the w. chicago/schaefer plant in 74-75 until my dept. moved to romulus. my uncle worked at the southfield for years until they closed it down.

I drove Massey Fergusons on their test track in the 70's - taking them to their breaking point. There were three of us, and we alternated, each driving for twenty minutes. Eventually everything that we tested broke, thereby working ourselves out of our jobs.

ferntruth Guest

My father worked the Southfield location from the late 60's until they finally closed the facility sometime in the early 80's, if I recall.
    I remember as a boy I had the chance to go to the facility with him [[I forget the reason why) but I do remember being amazed at everything I saw. I still feel like a little kid whenever I think about it.