Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Drano Bomb Goes Off In Detroit School

I read this happened this morning. Not enough to bring a gun to school anymore I guess. Not good.

H-m-m-n.

Curious, I heard how to make one of these from an old Vietnam vet twenty years ago...and never proved it out. I wonder if it is in the Anarchist's Cookbook?!

How does an inner-city thug figure out to do a thing like this?

It is indeed a bad turn, once Draino is made illegal, what WILL we use to unclog our pipes?!

once Draino is made illegal, what WILL we use to unclog our pipes?!
    Milk of Amnesia?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    H-m-m-n.

Curious, I heard how to make one of these from an old Vietnam vet twenty years ago...and never proved it out. I wonder if it is in the Anarchist's Cookbook?!

How does an inner-city thug figure out to do a thing like this?

It is indeed a bad turn, once Draino is made illegal, what WILL we use to unclog our pipes?!
    My guess is that the internet can answer all 3 of your questions.

Then it might be easy to track this individual down.

We cannot have people making bombs.

I won't be doing any searching on the Anarchist's Cookbook contents...don't need the overlords of google getting all tingly with false expectations.

You've already used the term Anarchist's Cookbook twice in the last 20 minutes on a forum that can be google searched. And if Gannon is really your first [[or last) name, the Fed's should be able to piece things together pretty rapidly.

Oddly enough...by using this search string on Google, you come up #2!

"gannon anarchist cookbook detroityes"

what a weird attack. Gannon was just being funny, lighten up with your "call the feds" stuff. He wasn't preaching the destruction of schools or the destruction of anything, he was just wondering aloud where a kid would find such a plan.

jeeze

Yeah, but those are external links and not a general search by ME.

Any comments here can be taken fully in context.

I have no desire to create or use any form of destructive weapon for anything.

Big difference than giving them a general search that can be misconstrued.

I didn't mean it that way. When he mentioned "overlords" in his previous post, I thought that's what he was referring to. I never said anything about "calling" the Fed's. I'm sorry.

Thanks, Gnome.

Then again, you know me enough to understand my curiosity and approach...and ethical/moral focus.

But this IS a huge and bad development. Last thing we need are kids bombing kids.

We need a series of Challenge Days throughout the system, it seems.

You're cool, Downandouter. It is all good.

Love that handle, btw.

[[I've been spending too much time on a Conspiracy forum...imagine that.)

The only bomb that Gannon made this week is a Jager.

Understood now Gannon. My apologies. Like you said, Gnome was pretty much putting words in my mouth. No harm, no foul. I don't doubt your intentions.

Its a very sad day when something like this happens. I'm truly sorry to hear about this. Another black eye for Detroit I'm afraid. [[oh yes the country will be talking about how dangerous Detroit is). This could have happened in any city school in the country though.

"This could have happened in any city school in the country though."

This DID happen in a small Detroit suburb six years ago, by my now stepson. He was 13 at the time, and deployed a Works bomb, made by mixing aluminum foil and The Works toilet bowl cleaner.

When I was a kid [[I am 51 now), students blew up toilets and set off firecrackers, and they were called pranks. Not any more! Today such mischief will get a kid, even a relatively young kid, a felony charge of terrorism.

Now that he is 19, what is he doing with his life? Has he turned over a new leaf?

He attended college for one year, failed most of his classes, and is now working as a busser [[I think that is what it is called) in our town.

His Dad and I have not talked to him in over a year, and I believe he is somewhat estranged from his Mom and stepdad as well.

There is obviously a LONG story with this young man, but the point of my post was that kids should never think that these acts are pranks. School boards expel [[not suspend, expel) students, and prosecutors are often eager to charge with a felony. It's really, really, really serious when this kind of thing happens, even if there are no injuries or property damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    "This could have happened in any city school in the country though."

This DID happen in a small Detroit suburb six years ago, by my now stepson. He was 13 at the time, and deployed a Works bomb, made by mixing aluminum foil and The Works toilet bowl cleaner.

When I was a kid [[I am 51 now), students blew up toilets and set off firecrackers, and they were called pranks. Not any more! Today such mischief will get a kid, even a relatively young kid, a felony charge of terrorism.

I certainly agree that this type of prank was quite popular pre-9/11 and was not disciplined as strongly. It was taken as exactly what it was - a prank. Even I have witnessed/helped with silly make-shift bombs made out of everyday items available to the masses. They were detonated away from anyone and everyone, as well as outdoors. We did them to get a loud boom. That's it.

But the problem lies within the new world we live in. Overseas, bombs go off with one desire only - to kill. Those bombs kill our own soldiers everyday, along with countless other innocents throughout the Middle East and further.

You can't simply write off a bomb in a school anymore. Ignoring this, or lightly slapping the wrist of children whom do this is a slippery slope this day and age. 15+ years ago, maybe you would have a different public response. But that can be said of everything just about.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    The only bomb that Gannon made this week is a Jager.
    Whose shoulder have you been peeking over?!

I had Jagermeister for the first time in a VERY long while Saturday night...I have to do it periodically to remind myself why I don't drink heavily very often. Ahem.

I guess, now that you mention it...even our high school science teacher would wryly hint at stuff we shouldn't mix, knowing a few troublemakers would try anyways.

The only 'bomb' I know that worked with Drano crystals also involved another volatile liquid, and from my impromptu explosives expert's advice he likened each gallon used to a stick of dynamite.

So, when I heard Drano bomb I immediately assumed it had this sort of yield. I may have been greatly overstating the case, if it were something like the prank mini-bomb.

There was a period of my life where blowing up the models we built was great fun...everything thing was fun and games until my buddy decided to put an M-80 under a coffee can and sit on it. He and I were fine, but it shocked the absolute living shit out of him.

I don't think I've exploded anything since then, except maybe a firecracker or two...and that was before the nation's bi-centennial! Roughly three or four years after I landed the last punch in my life...and I'd still not mind clearing THAT up with old PeeWee Podjaski.

Cheers

"Drano Bombs" are basically just noise makers. Their only real danger is that any acid that is not neutralized could get in someone's eyes or lungs. Speaking from years of being a bored teenager in the boonies, you would have to try awfully hard to injure someone with one .

This brings to mind my college years [[1957-1961) and our weapon of choice, the Babo Bomb.

Take a cardboard cylinder of Babo or any other kitchen cleanser.

Use a razor blade or pen knife to carefully removed the metal end to the container.

Insert a cherry bomb into the cleanser.

Punch out one of the dispensing holes in the metal top.

Replace the top while allowing the fuze to protrude though the punched hole.

Use tape to reseal the top onto the cardboard cylinder,

Light fuze and toss into an EMPTY dorm room.

Major mess.

Dabirch Guest

H-m-m-n.

...what WILL we use to unclog our pipes?!
    You just straighten out a coat hanger and shove it in the little hole and then curve it around until it gets through the bowl. Remember to remove the screen first.

I shouldn't need to tell you this Gannon...

LOL. You are a man of many talents and resources, DA. Thanks for the tip.

I'd have to do some drycleaning before having any spare hangers around.

Never had to use drano for toilets, only for sinks and one tub...but I was really just making a joke about the probable over-reaction from our law-makers and homeland security bozos!

Dabirch Guest

LOL. You are a man of many talents and resources, DA. Thanks for the tip.

I'd have to do some drycleaning before having any spare hangers around.

Never had to use drano for toilets, only for sinks and one tub...but I was really just making a joke about the probable over-reaction from our law-makers and homeland security bozos!
    And I was making a joke about how to clean your bowl...or pipe...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast