Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Groupon- Detroit

So I don't know what sort of businesses will use this site- but Groupon is basically a marketing tool for businesses and a way to offer great deals to customers. They have been in many other cities, but today is the first time they have an offer in Detroit. There is a Deal of the Day every day for a different local business - and once a critical mass of customers show interest, everyone is eligible to purchase this deal.
    For example - today, for $35 you can get $100 worth of hair services at Flip Salon in Ferndale. I am assuming/hoping that every day will be a new service/product offering from a local business.
    I like this idea- it is helping local businesses reach a broader customer base - and it's helping poor folks like me try something out that might normally be a bit out of my budget.

Check it out if you are interested - http://tinyurl.com/yfyyblb

I've used Groupon Atlanta for the last year or so, and have saved a bundle of money. It's all about what you value, etc. The good deals for me average about once per week. The most common is paying 10 dollars or so, for 25 dollars worth of food at whatever restaurant. If you frequent that restaurant, then it's a great deal for you.

I have subscribed to Groupon Detroit for those occasions when I head back to the area. I'm hoping for some good ones.

I use the one in Chicago. Got an $11 Auto Show ticket for six bucks two weeks ago.

Score! The Ackroyd Scottish Bakery is today's featured deal. You can buy $25 of goods for $10. This place is a wonderful, out-of-the-way bakery that features goods imported from the UK, and freshly-baked meat pies, pastries, biscuits, shortbread, tarts, etc.

www.ackroydsbakery.com

Nice! Mmmmm. Ackroyd's shortbread is the best! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    Score! The Ackroyd Scottish Bakery is today's featured deal. You can buy $25 of goods for $10. This place is a wonderful, out-of-the-way bakery that features goods imported from the UK, and freshly-baked meat pies, pastries, biscuits, shortbread, tarts, etc.

www.ackroydsbakery.com
    Try the haggis! But don't ask what's in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    Try the haggis! But don't ask what's in it.
    What's in it?

I just happened to have Wikipedia's Haggis page already open. What are the odds of that happening?

Glad I didn't take Fury13's advice and refrain from asking what was in it.

Haggis is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' [[heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours.