Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Councilwoman Walks into Bank Robbery in Fisher Building

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22704990/detail.html

This happened around 9:30 a.m. My question is - why wasn't she already at work?

Also, I didn't realize the Fisher building had problems like this. [[?)

Perhaps she was going to the bank to pay her overdue property taxes. From the article, she had the presence of mind to call Local 4 TV channel after notifying the police. I'm not sure of her priority in doing so.

Maybe if she wasn't so focused on nipples, she could devote some time to solving the city's crime problems and this might not have happened.

I question her motives for calling WDIV as well. Did she think RodgerWebber was going to negotiate the freedom of hostages?

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    I question her motives for calling WDIV as well.
    She is a publicity whore who wants all the praise she can get.

Hey, I want a job that I can stroll in when ever I want.

Oh, forgot, need to run for public office.

That settles it, if I'm being robbed, I'm calling Joann Watson, c'mon the lady is 2 for 2...

Why couldn't it have been Monica Conyers? [[Oh, I forgot, she's in a country club jail).

It is interesting that she was there during working hours. Too bad the media didn't see the real story that was right in front of their faces. Guess they don't want to ruffle the feathers of such people, want access to them for future stories. Maybe they need to start following her around like they did Lonnie Bates and see what she really does for those precious city dollars called "salary and benefits". Did she reimburse the city for the mileage on the city car for that run to the bank?

Today was one of those furlough days imposed by the Mayor to rationalize the budget. I don't know if that means all City business is effected but it could be why Ms. Watson wasn't at work today. Council may not have been in session because of it.

Normally, I'd be the last to defend city council members. But it IS a management type job, requiring all kinds of oddball hours. I'm sure they have few evenings to themselves due to community meetings and things of that nature. I don't have a problem with the councilwoman being at a bank in the New Center area at that time of day at all.

It ain't a 9 to 5 job, gang.

As much as I dislike JW, I agree with Ray. A politician spends a ton of time away from the office ... which in the case of JW is especially good.

My question though, is beside the report by JW, I have not been able to find anything in the news about a bank robbery in the Fisher Building. Maybe I'm not doing the right knd of search, but the only report I could find was the softball interview by Roger Weber of Channel 4.

If someone finds a story about the real crime, I'd love to see it.

The Banks want no coverage of robberies.

nothing on the wjr web-site, which considering they are right inside the building is mighty unusual.

Please do not defend jerks. I know plenty of area non profits employees that put in 12 and 14 hour days for a set salary wage. Just really get tired of hearing about public officials that do what ever they want.

I'm with gnome and Ray. I'm rarely on campus by 9:30 am, but I work afternoon, evenings, and weekends. Sounds like an odd story at any rate, and I wonder what will come of it.

WXYZ posted a story with no mention of JW.
    http://www.wxyz.com/news/story/Polic...ycHIjnD7A.cspx

thanx Punky...

whew, Mothr watson got it all wrong. She didn't interupt anything, there was no hostage situation and no gun play was involved.

By the time JW rolled on the scene the old-man robber was long gone and the reason the door was closed and locked was because the bank had locked all the witnesses inside for questioning.

So, much for JW the crimefighter.

I agree with Gnome, Ray, and English. Public servants do not typically have set hours. As Ray mentioned, they frequently spend evenings and weekends at community events or other gatherings where their presence is requested/required [[everything from events put on by community organizations and schools, to wakes and funerals). While I do not have enough information to comment on a given Council-person's work habits, I do not think it is a problem if they are not at work every day by 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Why couldn't it have been Monica Conyers? [[Oh, I forgot, she's in a country club jail).
    And what jail would that be? She is still free as a bird and will never see the inside of a jail cell.

WJR gutted its newsroom some time ago. They'd probably have to send Beckmann down to cover it.