Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Traffic backed up? No Exit? No Problem!

Instead of exhibiting traditional unsafe driving skills by reversing up an entrance ramp, these drivers on the Southfield near Schoolcraft decided to do something new. Tens of drivers opted to make their own exit by driving over a fence to gain access to the service drive.

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/200...o-driving.html

Now that's driving outside of the box.

I read somewhere that that's how they determine where to locate sidewalks on some campuses. Initially, they don't install sidewalks. They wait until natural paths develop from foot traffic. Then they pave over the paths.

I guess they need an exit ramp there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I guess they need an exit ramp there!
    That was pretty funny.

From the photos it doesn't appear to be a fence there, only fence posts. Can't say that I blame anyone for answering the door when opportunity knocks...
    Last edited by iheartthed; April-18-09 at 01:59 PM.

You are correct. That section had already been knocked down and presumably scrapped.
    Attachment 681

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Instead of exhibiting traditional unsafe driving skills by reversing up an entrance ramp, these drivers on the Southfield near Schoolcraft decided to do something new. Tens of drivers opted to make their own exit by driving over a fence to gain access to the service drive.

http://fadeddetroit.blogspot.com/200...o-driving.html
    You gotta love your Detroit drivers.

I think I'm going to go out and dump a bucket of nails right there.... just for fun he he he

Ho ho ho...some classy driving there...