Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default VIDEO: steve wilson talks about his departure

as you might expect, steve is pretty candid about his thoughts on corporate bosses, leaving channel 7 before he was ready -- and what it felt like to get jacked against a wall by one of kwame kilpatrick's police bodyguards. check it out:

http://www.freep.com/section/VideoNe...on/68783137001

Thanks Steve for a job well done

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Thanks Steve for a job well done
    It's frightening to think of what will become of investigative reporting in this town when Steve Wilson and Scott Lewis are gone. Who will take their place? Whither the Fourth Estate?

The quality of TV news, because of cutbacks, has really been going down for the last 20 years. There are now a lot of puff stories [[health and consumer) that you can tell come from a national feed. Most of the local news now comes from the anchors reading stories from the newspapers. I think Steve is on the right track for the locals picking up important stories.

The problem is to see if they are smart enough to get aboard with the concept.

Let's not forget and give kudos to ML Elrick [along with Jim Schaefer] for their Pulitzer-winning investigative reporting. Combined with Steve's efforts they have done much to root out corruption that was draining the finances and morale of the City of Detroit.

Unfortunately much of the message of corporate media seems to be 'thank you, now leave'.

Default Absolutely True!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Let's not forget and give kudos to ML Elrick [along with Jim Schaefer] for their Pulitzer-winning investigative reporting. Combined with Steve's efforts they have done much to root out corruption that was draining the finances and morale of the City of Detroit.

Unfortunately much of the message of corporate media seems to be 'thank you, now leave'.
    I've tried to point this out everytime I speak. Those two did most of the heavy lifting, IMHO, and I get far more credit than I deserve. Remember, it was those two who got the text messages and handled them so suberbly.

Not too long after they won Pulitzers, somebody came up to me to say thanks for all my hard work on the KK story and I was stunned when they said, "And congratulations on your Pulitzer!" SO stunned, all I said was, "Thanks for watching!"