Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Anatomy of Hate

The Arab Am. Museum is showing this film with a dinner on March 5.

http://www.ericschrotenboer.com/unca...-of-hate-film/

Looks like a real blockbuster, one comment and question on their site and no response. Break out the Oscars.

Just liberal propaganda and idiocy derived from ignorance.

Have you seen it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Looks like a real blockbuster, one comment and question on their site and no response. Break out the Oscars.

Just liberal propaganda and idiocy derived from ignorance.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1152405.html

we have to recognize that conflicts have a epicenter and that we are selling our future and our children's over a conflict that can be resolved with compromise..however, here we only see the extremists side...In Israel there are brave men and mostly women crying for justice and compassion...they are labeled "self loathing and at times self-hating"..these voices and small but mighty...they are paired with Palestinians who are practicing non-violence [[and being arrested for it) ...these are real faces of people who want change...Jewish Social Justice is one of the pillars of the social justice movement...it should be supported... the Likud/AIPAC?/and their supporters here as well as the extremists there do not want us to actual a fair and just peace...this is matched by the crude and angry movements in the Palestinian camps that were born out of oppression and practice a similar but cruder form of resistance..Hamas is small groups of thugs [[elected despite warnings not to have election at that point)...they are not all of the people even in Gaza [[50 percent of the population is children-who didn't vote) and they only won 40 plus percent of the vote...

this conflict is about real estate and history and in the west we hear: Palestinians never miss and opportunity to miss an opportunity...and I feel that the same is true for Israel...they can package it better though and make it look as if their offers were just...

I wish anyone who comments about the subject just once would do the homework, and see both sides...that there are people trying to do the right thing on both sides of the wall...and that a missile launched is a child dead..from a home made one or a phosphorus one[[which is illegal).

In reality our blind support is not helping achieve peace...our monies is building walls of hate..,and settlements of doom...and rewards incompetency in the territories...we need to protect Israel from it's own policies..if your child is wild and runs into a unsafe street you don't reward it..you protect it, and stop the behavior...we are fast to demonize the neighborhood street because some cars are fast and dangerous...but the majority of the cars are just like ours...just wanting to travel freely.

you can do you part for justice help support Israeli's quest for peace and Palestinians for justice. But you will never have justice without peace and peace without justice. You will never find solutions when the extremists of both sides are in power and when our own government is influenced by one extreme or the other...

read jstreet, combants for peace, human rights watch, Amenesty Internations, Haaretz, Peace Now...and many other groups...read them with an open mind and see that tehy are advocating for a just solution not just a solution. shalom, peace and Shalem...

stash that is so wrong on many levels ....you have to ask yourself what has been right about the right in that conflict...what has the hawks done ...and if pushed true conservative values as you people like to shove at us..would respect all human life [[isn't that right?)...isn't this the parties of prolife..well you can't have fiscal responsibility an blind support of failed policies can you?

Just think how much we would save if we didn't support failed policies..that to me is fiscal responsibility...just think how much effort all Arabs would lend to root out extremists if we were perceived and an equal partner...umm....

when we think of peace as a conservative value we realize that it is both liberal and conservative...human rights is a two way street, and a conservative as well as a liberal value..which leads to less deficit spending and less terror [[most terrorists are nationalists-Ingrun/Hamas-we can work with them eventually and those who are not are ideologues -AL qaeda;which we need all the help to destroy)

those liberals for peace are sounding a lot like conservatives.

Gibran,

I agree with you wholeheartedly, you misunderstood my dismissal of this piece.

Whenever I see "Christianity" being referred to as "hateful" "venomous" etc. I can only dismiss it as another cleverly cloaked attack on Christianity. Some in the world and country are working double time to blackball Christians and all they stand for. This is just another attempt. Think what was left out of that list and then you'll understand the bias.

""some of the most venomous ideologies and violent conflicts of our time including the White Supremacist movement, Christian Fundamentalism""

Stash my apologies...I see...just think if we could realize this ...Christianity, Judaism or Islam is not the enemy, its those who bastardized it that perpetuates this and many conflicts.

Here’s an oversimplification for you…Religious fundamentalists [[of all faiths) think primarily in terms of shaping behavior so as to “save souls,” and “get into heaven.” The more religions focus on how we get along together right here on earth, where we are charged with being stewards of nature [[not exploiters of nature) the less likely they are to push killing/bombing/hating in the name of religion.

Omaha is so right ..[[not right lol)....we have to simplify the message and follow up wth action...peace is a powerfully courageous way of dealing with life.

Quote Originally Posted by gibran View Post
    Stash my apologies...I see...just think if we could realize this ...Christianity, Judaism or Islam is not the enemy, its those who bastardized it that perpetuates this and many conflicts.
    It's hard to get around core beliefs:

Lev.26

1. [33] And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

He who is not with me is against me.{ Matt. 12.30}

If thy hand offend thee...[Mark 9. 43-47]

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev. 20. 15

[2.24] But if you do [[it) not and never shall you do [[it), then be on your guard against the fire of which men and stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the unbelievers.

[2.89] And when there came to them a Book from Allah verifying that which they have, and aforetime they used to pray for victory against those who disbelieve, but when there came to them [[Prophet) that which they did not recognize, they disbelieved in him; so Allah's curse is on the unbelievers.

I saw "Anatomy of Hate" last Friday. The audience response was interesting since most were Arabs. They said that the movie did not explain the Palestinian cause well even though that was not the purpose of the movie. The movie showed a number of examples of prejudice mostly stemming from religious beliefs including white supremacists, Palestinians, Israelis, Iraqis, and U.S. soldiers in Iraq. It consisted of people talking about " the enemy" and their views on life. In some cases, the movie maker had to remind people of what was actually in the movie. It had a lot of highly emotional pictures among the monologues as well as academics talking about hatred. It was very interesting to see how many people could only see the slighting of their own side. I hope the movie gets a wider audience although the film-maker may have to do a better sound mix of the last twenty minutes of his movie. He said Sundance Film Festival did not accept it probably because of low production values like the sound mix at the end.

It's nice when the Atheists stop by for a Bible lesson. Not sure what the point of it was..

Quote: "He said Sundance Film Festival did not accept it probably because of low production values like the sound mix at the end."

The sound mix? Yeah that was it...

At the Q and A after the movie it occurred to me that here we were eating an halal dinner so that someone's god or culture would not be offended. I think that the first step both Jews and muslims can take away from ancient traditions and into the 21st century is to discuss this movie over a nice barbecued pork dinner. If they can't do away with that ancient superstition, what hope is there that they will make any other steps toward rationality? They don't have to gorge themselves on the pork, but eat a bit to show that they are not bound by at least that bronze age idea.
    Last edited by maxx; March-07-10 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "He said Sundance Film Festival did not accept it probably because of low production values like the sound mix at the end."

The sound mix? Yeah that was it...
    I have no idea what you are inferring. I doubt that you do with any basis in rationality. You sound like someone who prefers to think with his gut instead of his brain.
    Here's a doc that was a Sundance finalist with a similar theme to "Anatomy of Hate".

http://festival.sundance.org/2009/fi...of_free_speech

Following the Gut as thought it were not the moron it is, Americans do have a positive genius for choosing up sides. Madison wanted conflicts to be so ephemeral as to not endanger anything important. He did not reckon with the fact that, one day, the country would become so good at choosing up sides that it brought the same unthinking dynamic to questions of life and death, war and peace, and the future of the planet that it does to arguments about center fielders or alternative country bands.
    [from Idiot America: How Stupidity Became a Virtue in the Land of the Free by Charles Pierce]

Quote: "discuss this movie over a nice barbecued pork dinner. If they can't do away with that ancient superstition, what hope is there that they will make any other steps toward rationality? They don't have to gorge themselves on the pork, but eat a bit to show that they are not bound by at least that bronze age idea."

ROFL.. You just don't get it, do you?

At some dinner tables around the world, you refusing to eat insects would seem strange. Would you eat the insects just to show you're not "backward" and clinging to some silly culture or belief?

Quote: "discuss this movie over a nice barbecued pork dinner. If they can't do away with that ancient superstition, what hope is there that they will make any other steps toward rationality? They don't have to gorge themselves on the pork, but eat a bit to show that they are not bound by at least that bronze age idea."

ROFL.. You just don't get it, do you?

At some dinner tables around the world, you refusing to eat insects would seem strange. Would you eat the insects just to show you're not "backward" and clinging to some silly culture or belief?
    You've never had the McRib have you?

Quote: "You've never had the McRib have you?"

Um no.. Boneyard or Zukin's only.

trichinosis

People are all different and have their own beliefs and customs. The solution for peace is to accept the differences of others and not be foolish or selfish enough to think de'tente would be derived from anyone being more like ourselves. That is just backward, empirical thinking and quite simply, more fuel for the fire.

Like the politicians trying to win "hearts and minds". What a joke, we are making more enemies daily.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    It's hard to get around core beliefs:

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Rev. 20. 15

[2.24] But if you do [[it) not and never shall you do [[it), then be on your guard against the fire of which men and stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the unbelievers.
    If someone wants to believe that I will burn in hell for my beliefs [[or unbeliefs), that is their problem.

If they want to make me believe what they believe then I have a problem with that.

Is this how it should be handled?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaql3QNa9_Q

regardless of personal beliefs [[which is up to the individual) many good men and women died to defend them...but in the end it will be humanity that needs to be extended or we will be doomed to wonder why people dislike us....and if we don't understand how to connect the dots ...we will only facing more hositility...when it would be very simple to work for unity.again you have to ask yourself who profits from chaos?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast