Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Storm brews over Ontario winds

Is there a way to Green without people seeing Red?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

EastSider Guest

Flemming Nissen, the head of development at West Danish generating company ELSAM [[one of Denmark’s largest energy utilities) tells us that “wind turbines do not reduce carbon dioxide emissions.” The German experience is no different. Der Spiegel reports that “Germany’s CO2 emissions haven’t been reduced by even a single gram,” and additional coal- and gas-fired plants have been constructed to ensure reliable delivery.

Why have the wind turbine fans in the lakes? It good for the enviroment for cheaper electric power, but its more harmful to the enviroment say like when birds tries to dive to get their prey but ended up sliced to death.

Retroit Guest

I think they should ban all boats on the lake. I don't like the way they look and they are harmful to the marine life.

And ban buildings so birds can't fly into them.

Opposition to these behemoths is growing fast across the country.

http://www.windaction.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I think they should ban all boats on the lake. I don't like the way they look and they are harmful to the marine life.
    That's funny.