Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Does CCK Know her District?

While watching the Switzerland-Belarus Hockey game earlier this week, I was surprised to see a Kilpatrick for Congress commercial. I thought it was really early to start the 2010 campaign, especially since I haven’t heard that she has any primary opposition, but there it was, kilpatrickforcongress.com. I just had to go check it out to see what she has done for my district since 2008.

There was a link to her house of reps website and a section where she explains the 3 regions of her district:

The Grosse Pointes
    Detroit
    Downriver

Below is a direct quote from the Grosse Pointes section:

"The Pointes are directly tided to the birth of the auto industry, because the owner and inventors of the American automobile, such as Henry Ford, chose the Pointes as their home /."

Besides the grammatical and context errors [[there is only one owner of the American automobile? I always end my sentences with a /.) I love how she makes Henry Ford a famous resident of "the Pointes." Dingell might be a little upset that she poached him from his district.

Now, I know that she most likely did not right this herself, but it is HER website and she has to know what is on it. To me anyone that put out information to shine light on their area they represent should at least get the information correct.

Very interesting /. I'll have to check it out /.

Michigan Guest

Maybe she can't afford a copy editor with all the money her son is eating up!

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    Very interesting /. I'll have to check it out /.

LOL! I should have seen this coming, but it caught me by surprise and made really me laugh. TY.

Quote Originally Posted by qdaddy77 View Post
    While watching the Switzerland-Belarus Hockey game earlier this week, I was surprised to see a Kilpatrick for Congress commercial. I thought it was really early to start the 2010 campaign, especially since I haven’t heard that she has any primary opposition, but there it was, kilpatrickforcongress.com. I just had to go check it out to see what she has done for my district since 2008.

There was a link to her house of reps website and a section where she explains the 3 regions of her district:

The Grosse Pointes
    Detroit
    Downriver

"The Pointes are directly tided to the birth of the auto industry, because the owner and inventors of the American automobile, such as Henry Ford, chose the Pointes as their home /."

Besides the grammatical and context errors [[there is only one owner of the American automobile? I always end my sentences with a /.) I love how she makes Henry Ford a famous resident of "the Pointes." Dingell might be a little upset that she poached him from his district.

Now, I know that she most likely did not right this herself, but it is HER website and she has to know what is on it. To me anyone that put out information to shine light on their area they represent should at least get the information correct.

It all comes down not to race matters. But by politicial priciples. Carolyn Cheeks-Kilpatrick maintains her status quo by keep the [[ 5 Snobbyvilles) all of Detroit's black communities and rest of downriver communities in her black slate. As long she stays out of being caught the 'Rottweilers' of Local and National media, she stays in office to the end.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

Her son 'Y'alls boy' has ended up in court for rest of his life. But Carolyn will keep the Cheeks-Kilpatrick name in Detroit or anywhere.

In Memoriam: Neda Soltani

Retroit Guest

Henry, Edsel, yeah, one of those Ford guys. Those people all look the same.

/.Don't let nobody talk about yaw'lz momma. She didn't just get up in there just by coming. Yaw'l sent her up in there. We're here to fight. That's what I'm talking about. Turn DetroitYes off yaw'l./

Quote Originally Posted by qdaddy77 View Post

The Grosse Pointes
    Detroit
    Downriver

Remembering Kilpatrick's famous 21 century quotes; "Don't let them talk about YALLS BOY"

neighbor Guest

Yep, that's my representation in Washington.

And don't forget no one can carry her Bra

Nobody has been able to answer the question, does she know her district, or more importantly, what has she done for her district? I'm still waiting....

I am sure she was impressive at the trade meetings in Barbados, Antigua etc.....Due to the fact that she is a shoe-in, she must have brought some business back to Detroit from that summit. And don't worry about misusing funds here. I am sure she didn't even see a palm tree, for she was busy hammering out deals with Carribean Trade Representatives.......

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...-of-violations

Now, I know that she most likely did not right this herself,
    Speaking of errors...should be "write".

She knows nothing about the Pointes because she never goes there. Why should she? The rest of the district will just keep re-electing her.

1. Only parts of it.
    2. While I am glad she is no longer my representative, she was an improvement over Barbara Rose Collins.
    [[slams door, runs)

She knows where the Pointes are - During the last election she was at the War Memorial sans braids and ethnic garb doing her best oreo impression - What a two-faced, fake b**ch.

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    2. While I am glad she is no longer my representative, she was an improvement over Barbara Rose Collins.
    [[slams door, runs)
    BRC was her predecessor?

Y I K E S

isn't hansen clarke running for her seat?

Actually if you take whats she's done, she was a huge improvement over BRC, who by most accounts was the worst congressperson this state has ever seen. The Black Slate lost me when they endorsed her over CCK, I guess it was because BRC was a member and CCK was a former member of the Shrine.

CCK is going to suffer for the sins of her son. I don't see her winning if any credible candidate runs against her. If Hanson Clarke can't beat her given all her son's baggage, then he needs to give up elected politics.

"If Hanson Clarke can't beat her given all her son's baggage, then he needs to give up elected politics."

Actually that should read "we the voters" need to give up elected politics. Just sayin.

Sad to say, but the only way CCK will lose the primary is if she is facing only one other candidate. If the primary field is crowded, the anti-cck vote are split and the incumbent walks to victory.

In the last go-around, Martha Scott and Mary Waters split the anti-CCK votes with something like 29 and 35 percent of the vote, CCK brought in 36 percent and won. Don't quote me on those exact numbers, but they are close enough because the point is: getting an incumbent out is almost impossible.

It would not surprise me to see another strawman candiate, like Martha Scott, who would be brought in by the CCK camp to run a race just to siphon vote away from the other challenger. It works every time.