Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Enoteca Closing

Default Enoteca Closing

I am on the e-mail distribution list for Enoteca, and was surprised to open my e-mail this morning and find a message from Mimi Cutraro entitled Enoteca Going Away Party - Feb 25th. At first I was just hoping that someone was going on a long vacation or something - but alas:

"Dear Loyal Enoteca Customers,
    On Thursday February 25th will be our last day of business and our final Happy Hour. Stop in and say your goodbye's to Nino, Liz, Mimi, Stacy and John.
    Thank you for your loyalty and friendship over the past two years.
    Best wishes always,
    Mimi"

Sad news- if you were a fan, this might be your last chance to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I am on the e-mail distribution list for Enoteca, and was surprised to open my e-mail this morning and find a message from Mimi Cutraro entitled Enoteca Going Away Party - Feb 25th. At first I was just hoping that someone was going on a long vacation or something - but alas:

"Dear Loyal Enoteca Customers,
    On Thursday February 25th will be our last day of business and our final Happy Hour. Stop in and say your goodbye's to Nino, Liz, Mimi, Stacy and John.
    Thank you for your loyalty and friendship over the past two years.
    Best wishes always,
    Mimi"

Sad news- if you were a fan, this might be your last chance to visit.
    I often walked by that place and felt so sorry for them. They were doomed. All that wine in a city of beer-drinkers. And no big kitchen in a city where people wanna fill up on junk. Sigh. Even the wine bars in Royal Oak or Ann Arbor are struggling. So sorry for the Enoteca gang. I know they gave it their best.

Enoteca isn't closing, per se... There is going to be a change in ownership taking place Friday, the 26th. So Enoteca should still be around, just with new owners and [[hopefully not) new staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Enoteca isn't closing, per se... There is going to be a change in ownership taking place Friday, the 26th. So Enoteca should still be around, just with new owners and [[hopefully not) new staff.
    Well, I wish 'em luck. It's a tough job to run a wine bar in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Interesting - Do you know who is taking over?

Tweets from Dining in Detroit also say new owners are coming on board, but don't say who.

I like the place but think a 25 percent price cut would help them.

The RECESSION cause Enoteca to close. What more other Metro-Detroit businesses in the its hit list?

Let the doom and gloom of our broken U.S. Government continue.

Cursed with a terrible location as well.

Quote Originally Posted by downandouterdrive View Post
    Cursed with a terrible location as well.
    Why do you say that? I don't think it's the location, I think it's a tough market for wine and light snacks, but a great location in general.